Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

B17 pilot shot down,captured,my uncle have prov.

Article about: My uncle Bill was shot down bombing over Germany Feb 1945,he was captured 3 days later,lived through it until camp was liberated.He found his file in the camp office.Here are a few pics,camp

Fantastic family history--thanks for sharing with us.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Just keeps getting better TC.

Thanks guys!I have all his records,need to go through them,lots of paperwork.A pic of Raeder taken off camp office wall,it got wrinkled up so grandmother put scotch tape on it ug,oh well family item will never be for sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B17 pilot shot down,captured,my uncle have prov.   B17 pilot shot down,captured,my uncle have prov.  

B17 pilot shot down,captured,my uncle have prov.   B17 pilot shot down,captured,my uncle have prov.  

TC,

What an incredible story. Thank you so much for sharing!

Regards,

Joel

Thanks Joel!Found some more of his stuff in another box,his group card and some silver wings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B17 pilot shot down,captured,my uncle have prov.   B17 pilot shot down,captured,my uncle have prov.  

?

TC,
    In the bottom pic of the back of the three wings, The bottom unmarked one is what I have been told are the graduation wings.
    I have a similar pair and when I asked member Steve(Walkwolf), that is what I was told.
    Nice AMCRAFT's. I got a set of those also.

You have a wonderful grouping!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks guys!Yeah some good documented history,and family makes it nice.

?

Excellent thread !
    Cheers Rick

Very interesting material, of course the onus is on you to preserve this material as one group and keep the history alive. I have a large collection of relics from my uncle, who was a Luftwaffe fighter wingco, and I prize this material above all else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3