Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Duxford's C47 Hidden history

Article about: A few years ago, I was asked to help to publish the newsletter for the 315th TCG veterans for a couple of issues. One of the issues told the hidden history of the static display C47 at the I

?

Default Duxford's C47 Hidden history

A few years ago, I was asked to help to publish the newsletter for the 315th TCG veterans for a couple of issues.
    One of the issues told the hidden history of the static display C47 at the Imperial War Museum Duxford, England.

I have scanned the A4 sheet, to show the surprising life of this old "Gooney Bird".

(Click on jpeg to enlarge)

Regards

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Duxford's C47 Hidden history  

Default Re: Duxford's C47 Hidden history

She was a true Warbird

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Incredible history Gary, thank god she was given an honorable retirement home.

Gary,

Thank very much for posting. What a magnificent piece of history.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]