Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

equipment of planes - World War 1

Article about: Can anybody tell me if pilots during World War 1 could talk on radio during flights? or maybe they have any equipment to communicate? Or maybe they just moved wings of their planes some spec

Default Re: equipment of planes - World War 1

Quote by cornishboy View Post
    the first blitz - by neil hanson
    a great account of the very first long distance bombing raids. interesting to read accounts of pilot firsts,flying at night just one to mention. a must read!!
    (in my humble opinion)
    Sounds like a good book, I'll have to check it out.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

That does sound like an interesting 'firsts'. I'll have to look into it myself...

Here is an example of a WWI aircraft interphone that will be flying my way soon. It is almost impossible to find the case in gutted condition, but to find one like this with the inner components intact and paper wiring diagram is almost impossible.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture equipment of planes - World War 1   equipment of planes - World War 1  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Oh, we are SO not BFF's!

Talk to the hand...

I'm actually very happy for you, Steve. I now know where there's one for future reference....

Quote by CThomas View Post
    I'm actually very happy for you, Steve. I now know where there's one for future reference....
    Your name is on it for future "First right of refusal" privileges.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2