Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gold Bullion Cloth Pilots wings

Article about: Hi, Was wondering if anyone may know what air force these are associated with. I have spent a few hours looking on line and no luck! Thank You

Default Gold Bullion Cloth Pilots wings

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone may know what air force these are associated with.
    I have spent a few hours looking on line and no luck!

Thank You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold Bullion Cloth Pilots wings   Gold Bullion Cloth Pilots wings  

Gold Bullion Cloth Pilots wings  

I see no one has replied yet after a few days , I'll offer my opinion of this piece but please dont take it the wrong way , is only my opinion and im happy to be proven wrong .
    Its a post WW2 Fantasy Wings piece , And a very early edition at that as it is old , no question about it.
    Strange things like this were common during the late 40's to 60's .
    Either way mate , I wouldnt throw it in the bin , as it is a nice piece of post WW2 communist art , trying to combine the German Eagle with RAF style Wings.
    Thats my spin on it anyway

Thank you.
    It's really been exhaustive and I have come up with nothing.
    This makes sense

Quote by Kenworth View Post
    Its a post WW2 Fantasy Wings piece , And a very early edition at that as it is old , no question about it.
    Strange things like this were common during the late 40's to 60's .
    Either way mate , I wouldnt throw it in the bin , as it is a nice piece of post WW2 communist art , trying to combine the German Eagle with RAF style Wings.
    To be honest, I don't think that is the explanation as I fail to see anything communist or German about it. The bird in particular has no resemblace whatsoever to any heraldic eagle used by Germany in the WW2-/Third Reich era.

Exactly what it is, I cannot tell, but, while presently unidentfied, I am quite certain that it is not a fantasy piece.

(By the way, although the badge sure looks like it, we don't really know with absolute certainty whether it really is from an air force. These might be wings from some private aviation enterprise.)

And it looks too well made to be a fantasy piece. JMO

This is getting interesting.
    this one is really a struggle but I will continue and with luck/help from you, I will get to the bottom of these wings.
    Thanks
    any additional input is welcome

Africa or south America?.

might be from an airline of some sort, they affected military styles.

just had a thought,Egyptian,they have eagle insignia.

I've looked over every reference source that I can think of, and I'm not finding anything similar to this set of wings. The style of the wreath and wings look almost like it was patterned after the British style, but my first impression of the eagle was Italian. I think the theories of possible civilian airline pilot's wings may well be true here. And if that's the case, good luck identifying them absolutely!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast