Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

A Heartfelt "Thank You"...

Article about: Hi all, I was just reviewing many of the threads in the aviation section and the increased number of postings since we started the section. I just wanted to thank each and every contributor

Thumbs up A Heartfelt "Thank You"...

Hi all,

I was just reviewing many of the threads in the aviation section and the increased number of postings since we started the section. I just wanted to thank each and every contributor for taking the time to freely share their artifacts and vast amount of knowledge and experience.

To those who are new in this area of collecting, you will not find a more knowledgeable and friendly base of fellows anywhere else on line...I am confident of that. This area of research and collecting seems to draw a fantastic class of people where the only "agenda", is to ensure that knowledge is shared freely and help is offered when a question is asked.

I am both humbled and very proud to be in the company of many here whom I consider to be very dear friends. We also have the true honor of having one or two contributing members who in my opinion are true heroes as they are cut from the same cloth as the brave pioneers of early aviation, having taken to the skies to defend our country when the call came. Moderating this section is a true honor, and I hope that it continues to grow in the future.

Thanks to you all.
    Last edited by Steven M; 09-07-2010 at 02:02 AM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: A Heartfelt "Thank You"...

Steve,
    You have done a magnificant job setting up this section, my hats off to you. I suspect that if anyone has a question ref early aviation it can be resolved with the vast amount of knowledge held by members of this forum. Thanks for taking the time and energy to set this up and keep it moving.
    Terry

?

Yes Thank You. You Buggars make me spend to much time on the net lol. A Great Forum keep up the good work

Studly

Major & Studly,

Thanks for the kind replies. I really appreciate all of the assistance and help that I have received from you all to make this forum what it has become. I have learned so much since we started this all.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

A big "THANK YOU!" goes out to Steve M and Ade for making this work! Thanks also to all of you who share your collections with us. Not only are there items on this forum that I may only have a chance to look at in a museum, but the folks who own those items have been so accomadating (ex-Infantryman, excuse the spelling!), to provide close-ups and details when requested. You folks are awesome!

Here's a big "thank you" back at ya Steve. You are a man of great knowledge and integrity. Two qualities that are somewhat lacking in this world today. You need to hop on that beautiful Harley and get up to KC for a tour of the WWI National Memorial and Museum. I'll be your guide and will gratefully buy the first round of refreshment!

Take care,
    Jay

I have to agree Steven you have done a great job on this! Ade as well!

Thank you guys, and yes, a lot of credit goes to Ade. He was VERY open and accommodating when I approached him with my proposal for the creation of this section. I love this era and I think this is the best way to honor the men from that time.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]