Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with Luftwaffe 3 ton hoist

Article about: by Wagriff First of all, does it Work? Remember, in Europe, the voltage is 220 not the 110 like in the States. Second of all, as has been said, the Shipping is going to be absolutely frighte

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    First of all, does it Work? Remember, in Europe, the voltage is 220 not the 110 like in the States. Second of all, as has been said, the Shipping is going to be absolutely frightening. What actually does it Weigh? And, lastly-yes, of course it is Luftwaffe. I would imagine that such lifts must have been in use for uncountable purposes in the Luftwaffe.
    it is manual. You run a chain through the side.

Already have a shipping quote. It will be about 400 EUR. It is about 60kgs.

I'm trying to decide if I want to pay the extra shipping. I don't collect luftwaffe stuff, but do collect military radios and tank stuff.

You may have a hard time getting your investment back if you try to resell it, in my opinion...the market would be very limited I'd think...
    cheers, Glenn

A Manual hoist that weighs 60 kilos....hmm...sorry, but I'm thinking that you'd be much better off canceling your sale. As Glenn said, the market is Extremely limited to ever sell such a thing, and if you have to add on 400 Euro's on top of it just to cover the shipping, there's no way you'd ever recoup. Not an actual lot of collectability for a Luftwaffe hoist-what there might be, would be someone buying it simply to Use it, and no one is about to pay that amount of cash out for a 70 year old hoist.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I don't buy to resell.

Well then, you've pretty much answered your own question-you don't collect Luftwaffe heavy equipment, so there would be little or no point in going ahead and having them ship it to the States.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Well then, you've pretty much answered your own question-you don't collect Luftwaffe heavy equipment, so there would be little or no point in going ahead and having them ship it to the States.
    LOOK!! There it goes right now.......

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi , it's definitely Luftwaffe, it was used on the air portable portalkran designed to be transported by a Ju52. I have a complete crane including this type of lifting rig. If you decide not to keep yours, let me know, perhaps we can arrange a 3 way deal with the seller , I pay you what you paid, and arrange for the seller to send it to me in the UK, or I could collect it from the seller. Mike.
    Luftwaffe Airfield Re-enactment Group

I've sent you a private message with seller and auction details. I did not import the hoist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2