Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help with these possible aircraft relics

Article about: Hi guys , i was given these few pieces over the weekend & was told by the old gentleman that they had been dug up from a crashed german plane quite a few years ago . Now the biggest piec

?

Default Help with these possible aircraft relics

Hi guys , i was given these few pieces over the weekend & was told by the old gentleman that they had been dug up from a crashed german plane quite a few years ago . Now the biggest piece is a very heavy solid piece of aluminium which has been snapped off from on both sides as well us the bottom & going by the weight & thickness of this it must have taken alot too snap this , the pen is just for size comparison . The next piece is also aluminum & looks like an electrical box type of thing with some strands of wire coming out the hole & FL 5097 stamped on it . The next piece is made from brass & has Ref No. 6B/216 (under an eye class) , then the last two pieces are also made from aluminum & are both covered in dry mud , one has remnants of red paint on & the other has a dome headed rivet going through it . I hope my photo are ok & may help someone too identify some of the pieces if they are from a plane . All help greatly appreciated as always from you guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with these possible aircraft relics   Help with these possible aircraft relics  

Help with these possible aircraft relics   Help with these possible aircraft relics  

Help with these possible aircraft relics   Help with these possible aircraft relics  

Attached Images Attached Images Help with these possible aircraft relics  Help with these possible aircraft relics 

?

Default Re: Help with these possible aircraft relics

Hello HD1450. The bits are definitely aircraft, the big aluminium bit being engine casing and the piece with the Fl number definitely German, Fl being a prefix for a lot of Luftwaffe part numbers. Confusingly the brass bit looks British, 6B being an RAF part. It looks like an anti vibration mounting for something instrument or electrical. The part numbers won't be able to tell you what they're off though. Any more history?

?

Quote by ian_ View Post
    Hello HD1450. The bits are definitely aircraft, the big aluminium bit being engine casing and the piece with the Fl number definitely German, Fl being a prefix for a lot of Luftwaffe part numbers. Confusingly the brass bit looks British, 6B being an RAF part. It looks like an anti vibration mounting for something instrument or electrical. The part numbers won't be able to tell you what they're off though. Any more history?
    Hi Ian , many thanks for the help , i think it was a case of the old chap had got it from a man who got it from someone else etc: so he had no idea of it's original origin . Would it be possible too find out which plane the casing & FL part came from ? Mark

that silver piece with the hexagonal lid? I have found something very similar to that inside a bunker, people on here told me its a rotary light switch

?

Definitely aircraft - Large cast piece is as Ian says engine - looks like part of a bearing journal web. Part with union (gland nut) is an electrical junction box and certainly appears German. Brass piece is British and I have seen one before, just cannot recall what it was Sorry Ian I doubt its an anti-vibration mount, though I can see why you say it, as brass would crack too easily. Aluminium cornflakes impossible to id - sorry!

?

Quote by NickW View Post
    Definitely aircraft - Large cast piece is as Ian says engine - looks like part of a bearing journal web. Part with union (gland nut) is an electrical junction box and certainly appears German. Brass piece is British and I have seen one before, just cannot recall what it was Sorry Ian I doubt its an anti-vibration mount, though I can see why you say it, as brass would crack too easily. Aluminium cornflakes impossible to id - sorry!
    Thanks Nick for your input

There are several FL parts lists to be found online: but I cannot find this particular one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Do these few pieces have any commercial value ? as they are not my field of collecting & would pass them onto someone who does .

without information on the aircraft value nil.

The hex piece could be FL.50971-13...a 5 plug/socket made by bvf or blc Luftwaffe.
    The R.A.F could have just been mixed up with Luftwaffe stuff over the years.
    Cheers Mike