Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home of "Friday 13th "

Article about: various shots to finish. There is much more to see at the Museum but I ran out of time, had to get back to work Cheers Nick

Default Home of "Friday 13th "

Popped out to the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington today to show you some pics. Hope you like them.

There is a picture of the site where a JU 88 crashed into a farmhouse as it was strafing Elvington airfield when the Halifax bombers were returning from a mission.
    The crew list of the JU88 is:
    Hauptmann Johann Dreher. Iron Cross.
    Oberfeldwebel Hugo Boker.
    Feldwebel Martin Bechter.
    Feldwebel Gustav Schmitz.

Tragically the inhabitants of the house also perished

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home of "Friday 13th "   Home of "Friday 13th "  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Home of "Friday 13th "

Gate guard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home of "Friday 13th "   Home of "Friday 13th "  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Some wartime vehicles

Home of "Friday 13th "  

Control tower and Dakota

Home of "Friday 13th "  

'Friday 13th' herself!!

Home of "Friday 13th "  

'mossie' and 109

Home of "Friday 13th "  

An Auster and a very old 'chopper'!!!

Home of "Friday 13th "  

Nimrod, Victor and Buccaneer. They all do taxi runs!

Home of "Friday 13th "  

Control tower with sights and sounds (thats not my wife by the way!)

Home of "Friday 13th "  
    Last edited by Woolgar; 06-02-2010 at 05:35 PM.

more internal shots of the tower

Home of "Friday 13th "   Home of "Friday 13th "  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast