Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

I am proud of this old Place

Article about: Couple of old films worth watching I feel This is where I grew up and currently work, have done on and off for over 20 years Sadly, some of the wonderful people in the film, my childhood nei

Default I am proud of this old Place

Couple of old films worth watching I feel

This is where I grew up and currently work, have done on and off for over 20 years

Sadly, some of the wonderful people in the film, my childhood neighbours have now passed on bless them all

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlVLZ230iFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDF0Ph0tNLs

I just finished watching the first, thanks for posting!

Mart

As I watch these films...was thinking we collectors/historians were somewhat fortunate that the quality of cinema was as good as it was between say 1935-1945. I mean films from the 20s' & very early 30s' were pretty poor quality. The timing was good though war is not a good thing, for cinematography to have been as advanced so much more than a short 15-20 period prior to the war.

For us...was a good thing the Germans took such extensive amounts of film footage as they did from early pre-war right to the end. New footage still comes out of the woodwork on a rare occasion. Many of us would be lost without it. Plus the way they digitalize period films lately...the quality improves greater

Just a thought, Thanks for showing these...