Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Imperial German Enlisted Pilot Uniform

Article about: by Chris L WOW!!! And named to a Bavarian (my other collecting interest). An amazing tunic with a history. So many of the German items I have seen have lost what history they had. I am alway

Default Re: Imperial German Enlisted Pilot Uniform

Very nice group jaba1914!!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

pabloat
    ?

Thumbs up Similar Uniform

Amazing Uniform!, I found this Forum because Im researching information about the Great grand Father of my Wife, WILLIAM LÜBCKE, he was in the Great War, and recently his Son (Grandfather of my wife) showed some pictures and stuff, Im now interested on finding as much as possible of the story of the family, and the reason Im writing is because looking for similar uniforms to the ones in the picture, I found this one, (this is the same cut, style and form of the one of Mr. Lubcke), William came to Mexico after the Great war, and after that he didnt spoke a lot about the war to their sons, therefore they have no idea about the rank, duties and responsibility during the war, I really hope to find information investigating at least based on the uniforms from the picture and the migration documents that I have... Here Im sharing a picture of him with the uniform (just like the one from this thread) the interesting thing is that Im not sure if he was even a pilot as far as we know he wasnt, but we can be wrong. (also Im intrigued about the hankerchief, or band that goes across the Buttonhole, we though that it was a picture arror but as soon as I saw the pilot uniform in this thread I realize it wasnt.)Imperial German Enlisted Pilot Uniform

Welcome to the forum.
    Sorry but a cut and form doesn't make thise a pilots uniform. He can be anything, and hard to tell from thise pic!
    The ribbon's in the button hole are medals he earned.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

An interesting photo...if you put it under extreme magnification, there does appear to be Some sort of badge beneath his cap. A tantalizing tease only, however! If you look at the position of the roundel on his cap and follow out from it across the visor, you can Just make out a rounded dark partial shape of Some sort of badge. A shame, though, as it's impossible to identify!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4