Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian front village aerodrome recce photo - but where?

Article about: hi, I wonder if anyone can recognise this village? The photo was taken by an aircraft of the 3rd Photographic Group, when part of the 12th AF. Taken on 2nd May 1944 this is probably somewher

Default Italian front village aerodrome recce photo - but where?

hi, I wonder if anyone can recognise this village? The photo was taken by an aircraft of the 3rd Photographic Group, when part of the 12th AF. Taken on 2nd May 1944 this is probably somewhere south of Rome. The village shape is peculiar, probably a walled village and above it would appear to be an aerodrome that has been 'visited' by bombers. Anyone any thoughts as to where this might be?

many thanks, daveItalian front village aerodrome recce photo  - but where?Italian front village aerodrome recce photo  - but where?

?

Default a link

Quote by rrickoshae View Post
    hi, I wonder if anyone can recognise this village? The photo was taken by an aircraft of the 3rd Photographic Group, when part of the 12th AF. Taken on 2nd May 1944 this is probably somewhere south of Rome. The village shape is peculiar, probably a walled village and above it would appear to be an aerodrome that has been 'visited' by bombers. Anyone any thoughts as to where this might be?

many thanks, daveItalian front village aerodrome recce photo  - but where?Italian front village aerodrome recce photo  - but where?
    maybe this link coud help:

Italy

many thanks for that link Sirio, it didn't show the photo I have but was very interesting indeed. Regards, dave