Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

IWM Duxford trip.

Article about: by Little Mermaid Here is a photo of something very unique. That's not unique....., he's noted on the forum for his love of all clothing the colour of 'Hearing Aid Beige'....

Default IWM Duxford trip.

Today we went to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, Cambridgeshire, England. Had a really great day and took alot of photos. Will post some.
    Enjoy!
    Here are some shots of a Rolls Royce Merlin engine, an Avro Lancaster, a Swordfish and Lysander. I had no idea that the Lancasters were this huge. Quite impressive machines.
    IWM Duxford trip.
    IWM Duxford trip.
    IWM Duxford trip.
    IWM Duxford trip.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IWM Duxford trip.   IWM Duxford trip.  

Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-04-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Default Re: IWM Duxford trip.

Nice pictures , did you see the Stuka, I believe they have one there ????

I dont remeber there being a stuka there? Theres one in raf hendon in london

A few items from the SAS/paratrooper hall. More to come later. Sorry about the glare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IWM Duxford trip.   IWM Duxford trip.  

IWM Duxford trip.   IWM Duxford trip.  

IWM Duxford trip.  
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-04-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Panzer trooper View Post
    I dont remeber there being a stuka there? Theres one in raf hendon in london
    Ahh i see, I could be thinking of that one !!!

I need to see it some day, must be one of the most evil looking aircraft evet built !!

Full list of vehicles and aircraft at Duxford.

http://www.iwm.org.uk/sites/default/...icles_List.pdf
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-07-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Concorde and a lovely privately owned Supermarine Spitfire.

Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Here a beautiful B17 Flying Fortress by the name of Sally B. She actually starred in the 1989 film Memphis Belle, which is why she has Memphis Belle on her right side. And the best thing is that she is still airborne!!

However, Sally B is not her "real name", I am certain that it is possible to find out what her real name was, if one is keen enough. She was in service very late in the war and was later sold to a private home in 1974. She now rests here on public display, funded by several organisations.

Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-04-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    Here a beautiful B17 Flying Fortress by the name of Sally B. She actually starred in the 1989 film Memphis Belle, which is why she has Memphis Belle on her right side. And the best thing is that she is still airborne!!
    I have been inside that B-17 in 1996 I think it was, also the current BBMF Lancaster built at my home town. They were at an Open Day event at the Broughton Factory. Being inside the Lancaster was an experience, very cramped, how anybody ever got out of one of those things when in trouble I never know !!

I have actually flown in that, it came to RAF Honington in 1992, I was in charge of the guards, got to do a test circuit flight with them, it was fantastic
    Ben

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast