Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

IWM Duxford trip.

Article about: by Little Mermaid Here is a photo of something very unique. That's not unique....., he's noted on the forum for his love of all clothing the colour of 'Hearing Aid Beige'....

Default Re: IWM Duxford trip.

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Excellent images Chris, thank you taking the time to post them. Hope that tomorrow brings a similarly rewarding day for you.

Love that Ju-52, be nice to fly in one of those

Regards,

Carl
    Im looking forward to it and am certain that it is going to be really great.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Here is a section of fuselage and Daimler engine from the Me110 that Rudolf Hess flew to Scotland to negotiate a peace deal with Britain. It crashed and he was captured by the Home Guard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IWM Duxford trip.  
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Good pictures LM, that was in the IWM London a couple of years ago when I was there, they must have moved it to Duxford while London is closed

Hawker Hurricane.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IWM Duxford trip.  
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

From the Battle of Britain hangar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IWM Duxford trip.   IWM Duxford trip.  

IWM Duxford trip.  
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

From the American hangar, a nice B24 Liberator and a yellow plane which I dont remember the name of.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IWM Duxford trip.   IWM Duxford trip.  

IWM Duxford trip.  
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Another B17 Flying Fortress but this one does not fly.

Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Blackbird plane and Pratt & Whitney J-58 turbojet engine. This plane is a huge monster.

Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Very cool photos Christina.
    It seems you had fun.

Cheers
    Nuno

Hi friend. Yes indeed, I certainly did. Will be going to London in half an hour.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast