Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ju52 crash in Switzerland

Article about: Crash: Ju-Air JU52 at Piz Segnas on Aug 4th 2018, impacted terrain By Simon Hradecky, created Saturday, Aug 4th 2018 17:34Z, last updated Sunday, Aug 5th 2018 07:16Z A Ju-Air Junkers JU-52 (

When I was 15 (1967), I went on a cycling trip from Manchester to Tidworth army barracks on Salisbury Plain, and when my friend and I were passing Andover airfield we stopped off and had a root around the perimeter - much of which was abandoned. Deep in the undergrowth of what was once the dispersal area, was a derelict Ford tri-motor. I often wonder what became of it.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    The point of my post is not with regard to the age of the aircraft (or airworthiness), but the rarity of the same.
    Now there are only 7 airworthy examples left, only 2 of which have original BMW engines.

To me, it is akin to wearing the tunics/hats/helmet/etc we collect--they are meant for preservation for future generations as historical artifacts.
    There are only 2 Lancaster's flying, long may they continue to thrill and educate the world by flying at airshows, wartime events, memorials services... to have their wings clipped would be a tragedy

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I "flew" into Duxford many years ago in a Dakota aircraft.

We flew in from East Midlands Airport, part of a day trip from the now defunct "Airshow UK".

It flew nose high and to hear all the creaks and groans of that aircraft, as it was flying, was a joy to behold

I would do it again tommorrow.

But, until we find out what happened with the Ju 52 flight officially, we can't really judge vintage air craft.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3