Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kelly Field in the Great War book

Article about: I have been offered this lot for \\$200.00 US is it worth it? The book is in great shape. The photo is in nice shape minus the folds. Gary

Default re: Kelly Field in the Great War book

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Steve if you look in the menu from 1918 he was listed as one of the cooks but from the inscription it sounds like he became a pilot. Gary
    Sorry, I was typing the same time you were so my above reply seems a bit "late" now. Sorry if I am telling you something you already know, but not only pilots wore the gold, silver or blue chevrons indicating location and time in service, but were worn by enlisted as well.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Steve and Ade thank you for your time and expertise I think I will try and get this book. Gary

Steve and Ade thank you for your time and expertise I think I will try and get this book. Gary
    My pleasure, thanks for posting and showing this very nice piece of history. Let us know how everything works out for you!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Steve that I will thanks again Gary

Steve that I will thanks again Gary
    Well Gary.......................didya git it?????.....

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Steve I think I showed to much interest in the book because when I went back the price went from 200 to 395 alittle to much for me

Steve I think I showed to much interest in the book because when I went back the price went from 200 to 395 alittle to much for me
    That is a shame. That is too much indeed, hopefully the "greedy" nature of the seller will pass and the price will be dropped back down to a realistic value when no one buys it.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

The old saying he who hesitates gets nothing. Unfortunately in this hobby if you jump at everything with out looking it up you get burned. The dealer has hooked me up with some great deals in the past so I cant complain . Gary

?

Default Re: Kelly Field in the Great War book

Just to update everybody my antique dealer hooked me up and I now own this book.

Default Re: Kelly Field in the Great War book

Just to update everybody my antique dealer hooked me up and I now own this book.
    Gary,

I am very glad that this ended in your favor. From what you told me, I think you got a great deal on the book after all!

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2