Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

The Lockheed factory post WWII

Article about: My grandfather was a engineer at Lockeed before the war and through to around 1950 or '51 and he had some great pictures of the factory. This is one of my favorites. Just look at all the air

Default The Lockheed factory post WWII

My grandfather was a engineer at Lockeed before the war and through to around 1950 or '51 and he had some great pictures of the factory. This is one of my favorites. Just look at all the aircraft back there! There is one very weird one as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Lockheed factory post WWII   The Lockheed factory post WWII  

The Lockheed factory post WWII  

Default Re: The Lockheed factory post WWII

What an awesome photo!!! Do you see the Corsair in civilian colors? P-51's 9or by then F-51's)and a B-25. what are the Green or Blue aircraft? Neptunes?

Default Re: The Lockheed factory post WWII

I don't remember what the aircraft you ask about are but the Corsair was I believe an air racer. If you look real close I think there is a Zero or similar A/C in the background.
    Quote by easterneagle View Post
    What an awesome photo!!! Do you see the Corsair in civilian colors? P-51's 9or by then F-51's)and a B-25. what are the Green or Blue aircraft? Neptunes?

I have a photo from the Net which shows just that Super Constellation and the Constellation, possibly taken at the same time. Your photo seems like dignitaries to look at the Super Connie... It is in an article about the Malaysian airliner disappearance...
    Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: 6 Mysterious Plane Disappearances

MAP
    ?

Holy thread revival!!!

Anyway. A great set of Photos! My question is what is all the way in the back? Looks like a parking lot for hundreds of planes.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)