Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for a 104th Aero Squadron roster

Article about: Hello, I'm looking for a roster of officers for the 104th Aero Squadron from wwi. Speciffically I'm trying to find out if there was a pilot or observer with the name R. B. Culver or somethon

Default Looking for a 104th Aero Squadron roster

Hello,

I'm looking for a roster of officers for the 104th Aero Squadron from wwi. Speciffically I'm trying to find out if there was a pilot or observer with the name R. B. Culver or somethong close to that
    (hard to make out). I picked up a 104th aero squadron officers tunic and that name was written on the manufacturers tag. I'll post pictures of the tunic soon. It has a very nice bullion 104th patch.

Thanks,
    John

Default Re: Looking for a 104th Aero Squadron roster

I did a quick scan of Wings of Honor and did not find he name under the wartime or post war assigned pilots to the 104th Observaion Squadron. I will check a few other lists tonight. There was a reserve pilot Culver that was not assigned to active squadron duty listed, but with different initials.

Will keep looking

Thanks, I hope the name turns up some where

Quote by jcg82nd View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking for a roster of officers for the 104th Aero Squadron from wwi. Speciffically I'm trying to find out if there was a pilot or observer with the name R. B. Culver or somethong close to that
    (hard to make out). I picked up a 104th aero squadron officers tunic and that name was written on the manufacturers tag. I'll post pictures of the tunic soon. It has a very nice bullion 104th patch.

Thanks,
    John
    John,
    2Lt Rufus Burr Culver, rated RMA, entered the Army from Cresco, Iowa. No indication that he made it overseas and does not show up on any rosters from the 104th Obs Sq. Possible he remained in the reserves and was assigned to the 104th in the 20's or early 30's. However if this was the case would not wear the stand up collar uniform past 1926. Post the patch so we can get a look at it. Hope this helps some.

Terry

Terry,

Thanks, for the info. I'm going to start a new thread with the photos of the tuinic. Let me know what you think.

John