Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lt. Allens WWI uniform

Article about: As the header says. The Sam Browne is not original but is rather a RFC belt dated 1915. The medal and the ribbon are his originals however.

Default Lt. Allens WWI uniform

As the header says. The Sam Browne is not original but is rather a RFC belt dated 1915. The medal and the ribbon are his originals however.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Allens WWI uniform   Lt. Allens WWI uniform  

Lt. Allens WWI uniform   Lt. Allens WWI uniform  

Lt. Allens WWI uniform   Lt. Allens WWI uniform  

Lt. Allens WWI uniform  

Default Re: Lt. Allens WWI uniform

Very nice Gary. I really like your room as well.

BTW...congratulations on this being the 1,000th post to the Aviation History Section...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Gary, is this your uniform and room setting? All is very nice

One thing i must say about ww1 uniforms is their styling. I truely love the high neck collar in those days. Very stylish imo.

rgds, Ty

Hello Ty,

Yes this is my war room and I am the current caretaker of the uniform.

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Gary, is this your uniform and room setting? All is very nice

One thing i must say about ww1 uniforms is their styling. I truely love the high neck collar in those days. Very stylish imo.

rgds, Ty

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post

rgds, Ty
    Ty,

I too love the look of the collar and Sam Browne belt, however, most of the men wearing them did not have such a fondness for the collar. It was very restrictive and irritating - especially for flight personnel.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Yes, due to the thick course wool it often rubbed on their necks and eventually causing a redness, irritation especially to sensitive skin. Can you imagine going into battle cursing your tunic?

Ty

Quote by Gary Cain View Post
    As the header says. The Sam Browne is not original but is rather a RFC belt dated 1915. The medal and the ribbon are his originals however.
    Gary,
    Beautiful uniform. Can we get a close up of the wing? I love those Dunham collar wing and prop, always considered them the best of the best. There was another company "Cuppero" that made a similiar collar insignia but not as nice as the Dunham.

I have a listing for a Albert G. Allen who entered the army from Salisbury Maine, served at Ellington Field, did not get overseas as far as I know. Perhaps this could be your guy.

Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images Lt. Allens WWI uniform 

Hi Gary, lovely uniform. The condition is superb for something almost 100 years old.

Hi Terry, I think you have found the right man I enlarged the pic of the tailors label and it is for an "AG Allen".

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Terry,

Yes that is him. I found the same photo used in a telephone company book I think it was, the owner wouldn't let me buy it though so I only have a copy of it. And you are correct that Allen never made it overseas. He was literally waiting for his ship when the war ended. Here are your requested pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Allens WWI uniform   Lt. Allens WWI uniform  

Lt. Allens WWI uniform  

Thanks Ade!

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Gary, lovely uniform. The condition is superb for something almost 100 years old.

Hi Terry, I think you have found the right man I enlarged the pic of the tailors label and it is for an "AG Allen".

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast