Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Lt Byron Bilderback 27th Aero Squadron AEF

Article about: Lt Byron Bilderback wore this uniform while serving with the 27th Aero Squadron in France, 1918. Lt. Bilderback received his aviation training at Foggia, Italy and upon completion was shippe

?

Default Re: Lt Byron Bilderback 27th Aero Squadron AEF

Hey Terry,
    Ran across this online. I suspect you've seen it but, just in case -
    Rob

http://www.minnesooota.com/WWI-37.jpg

Quote by ramram View Post
    Hey Terry,
    Ran across this online. I suspect you've seen it but, just in case -
    Rob

http://www.minnesooota.com/WWI-37.jpg
    Rob,
    Just recently another forum member showed this picture to me. First time I had seen it. Thanks, I have saved the one you sent and will print it out to go along with the rest of his items.
    Terry

Quote by ramram View Post
    Just came across this site last week and have been enjoying the great material. I'm a diary collector and will attempt to share some items when I get some time.

One of my diaries, pilot Eugene McCubbin, is from the 27th aero squadron as well. He makes mention of Bilderback on at least one occasion (see Nov. 4 entry):

Rob M.
    **(Diary Collector)**

Attachment 77184
    Attachment 77186

Uhhh Rob..... you are not going to believe this, but I have Eugene McCubbin's 1919 diary when he was in the 27th and on his way home!!

Awesome that his WWI diary still survives!! And he got a Balloon!! I did not see that in the records of the 27th! I need to go recheck it!

does he mention Fred Ordway in his diary?

?

I Chris,

I heard a rumor that his 1919 diary was out there. I'm just suprised to run across the owner on here!

There also may be a 1917 diary show up someday. At the begining of my 1918 diary he says "continued from 1917 diary".

No mention of Fred Ordway that I recall. Who is he?

Rob

Hi Rob!

I am a fledgling 27th collector, so when the diary came up I jumped on it. I am going to try to find out where the diary came from, as the collector I bought it from had it for years.

I love the photo, where were you able to find that?

Fred Ordway was a pilot from the 27th Aero at the beginning of the squadron. He moved to group HQ under Hartney so he did not spend his entire career with the squadron. I was hoping there would be some information on him, as I have his effects in my collection.

Sorry to hijack this thread guys! The original uniform in this post is fantastic.

One of the finest groupings I have ever seen! Simply amazing!

Quote by Chris L View Post
    Hi Rob!

Fred Ordway was a pilot from the 27th Aero at the beginning of the squadron. He moved to group HQ under Hartney so he did not spend his entire career with the squadron. I was hoping there would be some information on him, as I have his effects in my collection.
    Just to show small the aviation world really is, I almost purchased the Ordway group from a friend about a year ago. He had photos, paintings, uniform, documents, flight gear...you name it.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Just to show small the aviation world really is, I almost purchased the Ordway group from a friend about a year ago. He had photos, paintings, uniform, documents, flight gear...you name it.
    Hey Steve!!

I got that one I jumped on it as soon as Dennis offered it

Quote by Chris L View Post
    Hey Steve!!

I got that one I jumped on it as soon as Dennis offered it
    Hi Chris,

I am glad to see you here! Great score, I am very happy for you. I am glad to know that you are caring for it. Maybe you can create a thread sometimes and share it with the others here!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3