Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron

Article about: Here is a wonderful grouping that I recently had the privilege to add to my collection. I would like to thank Tom (Croix de Guerre) for not only letting me wrestle this away from him, but al

Default Re: Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron

If there is any interest, I have a few more items I can post related to this grouping.

interest???? this is not even a question i read each post wanted to know more do not stop like that . That's the kind of grouping i dream to have (money wise it will stay a dream) so if you have more go ahead i am sure i am not the only one who want to see more . For some reason if i am the only one at least there will be one person happy lolllllllllllllllllll!
    Thanks for sharing that with us .
    Frenchy

Default Re: Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron

You know me, always keen to see more!

Cheers, Ade.

Frenchy- Thank you very much, having this stuff hidden in my room is no fun, I love to share the history with others. If someone would have told me that I would have ever had something like this two years ago, I would have laughed at them. I am not a rich man, but I have been very fortunate in meeting a few individuals who have helped me obtain many of my aviation pieces. Without them, I wouldn't have what I do now. This group was expensive, but probably not as much as you might think, it was funded with sales of a lot of other non-aviation items. You never know what can happen in collecting...

Ade- Thank you, I will post the rest in a day or two.

BTW, you guys might want to check out my other grouping I posted (Harry L. Wingate). I think you will enjoy that one as well.

Also, I will post my other two aviation groupings soon as well.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is a closeup of Lt. Eales from the group shot previously posted.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

An aerial shot of an unidentified Aerodrome overseas.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Howard Carl Eales Grouping, Pilot, Observer - WW I, French Escadrille 120 & US 91st. Aero Squadron  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Howard on a beach in France.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Here is a wonderful grouping that I recently had the privilege to add to my collection. I would like to thank Tom (Croix de Guerre) for not only letting me wrestle this away from him, but also for the great follow up and research that he put into the grouping. The three-ring binder is full of good information and provenance that adds a lot to this group.

Fortunately, some of the items auctioned separately through Manions were tracked down and reunited with the group. The items are:

Croix de Guerre medal, Victory Medal, American Legion Veteran Medal, and the missing 'US' collar insignia from the tunic.

Howard C. Eales was born on July 27, 1891 in Weldon, Iowa to Carl and Hannah Eales, and had three other siblings. Eales attended Iowa State College prior to the Great War.

Here is a brief synopsis of Lt. Eales Military service:

Private, Iowa National Guard; Pilot USAS, AEF 1918; Observer, French Escadrille 120, March to October 1918, Pilot 91st. Aero Squadron, US Army of Occupation, Coblenz, Germany 1919.

Decorations/Awards: Croix de Guerre

Steven,
    What other jewels are you hiding? This is a fantastic one of a kind group. I am extremely pleased that this has found its way to a good home where it will be well preserved. Thanks for sharing.
    Terry

Quote by hawk3370 View Post
    Steven,
    What other jewels are you hiding? This is a fantastic one of a kind group. I am extremely pleased that this has found its way to a good home where it will be well preserved. Thanks for sharing.
    Terry
    Howdy,

Thank you. Well, the only other grouping I have is one to Lt. Charles Hill (posted in this section). It is just as about as complete as you can get including his original overseas trunk with the key.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Steve,
    You have some truely amazing items in your collection.
    It's really wonderfull that you are able to get these groupings
    and keep them together and presurve their history.

Well done
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Steve,
    You have some truely amazing items in your collection.
    It's really wonderfull that you are able to get these groupings
    and keep them together and presurve their history.

Well done
    Greg,

Thank you. I am by no means a monetarily wealthy man when compared to the standards that some attribute wealth to by the possession of unnecessary lavishness (and I wouldn't have it any other way).

However, I have been richly blessed by God in ways that enabled me to obtain these items through circumstances which still amaze me. Things just always seem to fall in place when I have sought these groupings, and have met some wonderfully generous individuals with whom I have forged friendships with. In many ways, these individuals have come to restore my faith in people in general. Not because of what I was able to obtain from them, but in the manner in which the items came to me...but that is another subject for another day perhaps.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast