Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lt. Jerome Keith, Observer, AEF, Issoudun, France

Article about: Here is yet another piece from my aviation collection. Terry Morris and Duncan Campbell both feature Lt. Keith's wing in their publications. The letter from Keith is a very interesting read

Default Lt. Jerome Keith, Observer, AEF, Issoudun, France

Here is yet another piece from my aviation collection. Terry Morris and Duncan Campbell both feature Lt. Keith's wing in their publications. The letter from Keith is a very interesting read as flight characteristics of the Neiuport, the capture of a German general, and Rene' Fonck are mentioned in the letter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Jerome Keith, Observer, AEF, Issoudun, France  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Lt. Jerome Keith, Observer, AEF, Issoudun, France

Page 1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lt. Jerome Keith, Observer, AEF, Issoudun, France  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 3

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 4

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Newspaper clipping announcing award of the French CDG included in letter home. In fact, the clipping is responsible for the acid stains on the letter.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Last one.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Where are all of the document and aviation nuts? I know you are out there...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

IQ, Very nice letter indeed! I just saw this post and am glad that you brought it back up. Have you tried to request a copy of his CdG citation?

Quote by BEAST View Post
    IQ, Very nice letter indeed! I just saw this post and am glad that you brought it back up. Have you tried to request a copy of his CdG citation?
    Hi Erick, thanks for the reply. The content is rather nice, and not just the usual communications often found. I assume that I would have to submit the request through the French government? Would you know how or who I might contact to obtain a copy?

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast