Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Maureen Dunlop - RIP

Article about: I didnt realise that the beautiful and courageous Maureen Dunlop died on 29th May. Maureen Dunlop: Pilot for the Air Transport Auxiliary who made the cover of Picture Post - Obituaries - New

Default Maureen Dunlop - RIP

I didnt realise that the beautiful and courageous Maureen Dunlop died on 29th May.

Maureen Dunlop: Pilot for the Air Transport Auxiliary who made the cover of Picture Post - Obituaries - News - The Independent
    Attached Images Attached Images Maureen Dunlop - RIP 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Maureen Dunlop - RIP

And what a grand old age she attained - 91
    Rest in peace, Maureen.

What a great story, cheers Nick.

?

And a very beautiful lady also
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

I was fortunate to meet Maureen at an ATA reunion held at RAF Cosford a few years back, (Cosford was one of only a handful of ATA stations crewed only by women) she was lovely...and rather posh! I spent a few minutes chatting to her and came away full of admiration for her and her fellow pilots and their heroic fortitude under often adverse conditions in the air with weather and on the ground with sexist bureaucracy!

Farewell Maureen, blue skies.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

You are a lucky and privileged man Ned

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem