Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

My Flying Helmet Collection

Article about: Hey guys i thought i would post some of my flying Helmets for you First up is a early B Typre Next is a Type C with G type oxygen radio mask This is a Chinese Mig 15 Pilots Helmet A G Type c

I forgot this one - APH-6A with a MS22001 oxygen mask.

The edge roll at the back has fallen down a bit & needs a bit of glue. I bought this helmet and mask combined, but have no idea if they were originally paired.

I bought all these U.S helmets back when they were still easy to get. At the time, I was collecting both U.S. and Soviet gear, but after these, I stopped collecting U.S. helmets to concentrate on the Russian stuff. The theory was to carry on with the U.S. gear at a later date, but it's getting harder all the time to get helmets and masks out of the States. A lot of sellers will still sell parachute harnesses, survival vests etc. to foreign buyers though.

I'll take a couple more photos tomorrow - A Soviet ZSh-5A, GSh-6A and GSh-6LP are the only hard helmets that I haven't posted yet.

Cheers, Willie.

?

G'day Willie . Very Nice Mate, i have a couple more WWII and Post WWII helmets i will have to dig out and post later .

Greg

Soviet ZSh-5A with a KM-34D mask.

Same helmet with a KM-35 mask.

GSh-6A partial pressure helmet with the neck ring.

Internal communication helmet.

That's about all the hard helmets without doubling up a bit. The GSh-6LP only differs from this GSh-6A by having two extra locking lugs on the ring, and an extra NBC rubber neck seal, so not worth posting as it's near identical. Also I've got another two ZSh-3M's that only differ from the one posted by their visor colour.

I've got a few Russian leather helmets, all post 1950, but they are all variants of a few certain types. If anybody is interested, I can post some photos of the main categories of them.

Cheers, Willie.

?

Mate the GSh-6A partial pressure helmet with the neck ring is a Pearler and yes would love to see your post 50's helmets.

Greg

All ways wanted to start a collection like this but just has never happend , still would love to o so much and so little $$$$

Quote by hawkins View Post
    All ways wanted to start a collection like this but just has never happend , still would love to o so much and so little $$$$
    It does tend to keep you broke. I've noticed the last 12-18 months has seen prices rise quite a bit, and postage has gone up a lot as well in some countries as well. It's interesting looking at old forum posts from 10 years ago, when helmets like these were selling for around $50.

Cheers, Willie.

Greg, I won't post all the leather helmets that I have as there's 30+, and many of them look almost identical in photos, different variants of the same model etc..

These are the basic types from 1950 onwards. ShL and ShZ are just summer and winter variants of the same model and only differ by the internal lining. The designation ending is the year of introduction of that model (eg. ShZ-50 = 1950).

ShZ-50 winter helmet.
    This one's unissued and doesn't have the mask attachment studs. It was used with a variety of O2 masks from the KM-14 through to the KM-16A. The most common MiG-15 helmet.

ShZ-58 winter helmet.
    This one had a four point mask attatcment system and was used mainly with the KM-30 pressure demand mask, and occasionally with the KM-24.

Same helmet with the full set-up, KM-30 mask, occipital bladder, LA-5 laryngophone, PO-1M goggles.

ShL-60 summer helmet with KM-32 mask.
    This had a four point mask attatchment for the KM-32 and KM-16N masks, and a smaller occipital bladder located in a pouch at the rear of the helmet. It's a quite rare model helmet.

ShZ-61 winter helmet with KM-32 mask.
    Identical to the ShL/ShZ-60 except for the crown pad to support the hard shell ZSh-3M.

ShZ-78/ShZ-82 winter helmet with KM-32 mask.
    This is a ShZ-82 and is identical to the ShZ-78, so I'll just post the one photo.

ShLO-82 tropical helmet with a KM-32AG mask.
    The KM-32AG is a lower altitude version of the KM-32. A simple demand type expiry valve converts it from a pressure demand mask to straight demand.

ShZM-78 winter helmet.
    Not a very common helmet. It was a headphone modification, with the usual TA-56M speakers replaced with the Ukranian ZTA-73 speakers and glycerine earpads. The outer headphone covers were leather instead of rubber.

ShLM-83 summer helmet.
    Another uncommon helmet, it has the same headphone conversion as the ShLM-78, but the headphone housings are more like the ShShL.A-86 ground technician helmet.

Cheers, Willie.
    Last edited by willie45; 11-05-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Ahh Fantastic shots and most enjoyable to see!

?

Stunning Stuff Willie. I love your winter helmet and KM-30 mask, LA-5 laryngophone, PO-1M goggles. Well Done.

Greg

?

G'day Chaps . Here is an up date to my collectionMy Flying Helmet CollectionMy Flying Helmet CollectionMy Flying Helmet CollectionMy Flying Helmet CollectionMy Flying Helmet Collection, its a HGU-55/P GENTEX flight helmet with
    USAF MBU-12/P Pilot Oxygen Mask.Both in unused condition.

Greg

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast