Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

My Flying Helmet Collection

Article about: Hey guys i thought i would post some of my flying Helmets for you First up is a early B Typre Next is a Type C with G type oxygen radio mask This is a Chinese Mig 15 Pilots Helmet A G Type c

?

Ok just a small update , i have put a USAF MBU-5/P Oxygen mask with this Navy Gentex Flight Helmet

Cheers
    Greg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Flying Helmet Collection   My Flying Helmet Collection  

My Flying Helmet Collection  

Very nice, Greg. You must almost have a squadron by now.

I've got a very lonely MBU-5/P with no helmet to match. It's a quick don MBU-5/P for cargo / transport drivers. Unfortunately the plastic side frames are broken. It was an interesting eBay find - I found it in a Google search, and it was worded as such that it didnt appear in the eBay search, so being the only bidder, it went very cheap.

When it arrived, it came with a helmet bag and looked like it had been stashed in a shed since the pilot retired in the early 70's. Inside the bag it had old pilot caps, log books, immunization records, a scarf, and all sorts of personal items. And being American, it had the inevitable 40 year old packets of Juicy Fruit chewing gum and a jar of Peanut Paste. Just what every C-5 galaxy pilot needs on a long flight.

On a side note, I've got a few more additions to the Soviet collection if anyone's interesting in seeing some photos. I recently picked up a GSh-4MS hermetic helmet, ZSh-7A and some leather helmets as well. Also bought a ZSh-7AP, hopefully arriving soon.

Greg, I must warn you about your leather helmets. Be careful, it can easilly become an addiction. I've got over the 40 mark now, soon to be 50 and the craving doesn't seem to go away. At least the cost of hard shell helmets limits that side of things.

Cheers, Willie.

?

G'day Willie. Sounds like a good pick up with the MBU-5/P, lots of history with that one. Your not wrong about it being addictive, i just bought two H type masks one was here in Aus really cheaply and the other one which came with the hose and another C Type Helmet from the UK which cost me an arm and a leg. I will post some pics wen they turn up.

Greg

Hopefully, a bit later down the track, I'd like to start collecting a bit of RAAF gear. Not an easy job, as there's so little of it, and what's available is usually very expensive. Now, if I could just find the Oakey Spitfires, that would be a good start.

Cheers, Willie.

?

. Now, if I could just find the Oakey Spitfires, that would be a good start.

LMAO Line up behind me Mate.

Greg

?

I have a rare Gutta Pucha oxygen mask for that Tropical Helmet you have..is your helmet Canadian made, because we shipped 1000s of them to AU and NZ during the war, however most had black cables ( I have some of those also unissued)

Dean O
    Canada

?

Quote by CampX View Post
    I have a rare Gutta Pucha oxygen mask for that Tropical Helmet you have..is your helmet Canadian made, because we shipped 1000s of them to AU and NZ during the war, however most had black cables ( I have some of those also unissued)

Dean O
    Canada
    That would be a nice find Dean, i would love to see a pic of it. Now here is another one i have added to the Collection , its a late C Type with G Oxygen mask.

Cheers
    Greg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Flying Helmet Collection   My Flying Helmet Collection  

My Flying Helmet Collection   My Flying Helmet Collection  

My Flying Helmet Collection   My Flying Helmet Collection  

Nice set, Greg and looks in fairly good condition. Also good to see the next generation getting involved.

Cheers, Willie.

?

Thanks Willie. The bloke i bought this of was cunning as he sold the Helmet,Mask and the hose all separately ,and i ended up paying more than i wanted to ,but i had to have it lol.

Greg

Quote by Studly View Post
    Thanks Willie. The bloke i bought this of was cunning as he sold the Helmet,Mask and the hose all separately ,and i ended up paying more than i wanted to ,but i had to have it lol.

Greg
    It's a bit of a disturbing trend. Some Eastern European sellers of late have been splitting up Soviet high altitude GSh-6 helmets into separate lots of helmet, neck ring and inner communication helmet to try and squeeze more profit. A shame really, as the three go together as an item and should be sold together.

Cheers, Willie

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast