Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My New WW II Aviation Find

Article about: Several weeks ago I found a large lighted display case on my local Craigslist. When I went to buy it, the seller asked if I would have any interest in a piece owned by his Father-In-Law? I l

?

Thumbs up

My WW 2 parachutes are Luftwaffe. One is A pilots chute and the other is for a Fallschirmjager. I also have the metal shipping can for the Fj.
    then there is my US issue chute for a paratrooper, I've got several jumps on that one.
    Sarge

?

I'd be interested in seeing your Luftwaffe chutes, I have a small collection which includes a 1939 dated Fliegerblouse.

?

I spent a little "Me Time" this Father's Day and set my parachute display. Today I was in my display room and wanted to see how the chute would look on one of my torsos. It looked fine but something was missing; a flight suit. So, I added the AN6550 summer flight suit and this is how it looks. The display is sitting on a TV turntable which allows me to rotate it for a 360 degree view. What do you guys think?

My New WW II Aviation FindMy New WW II Aviation FindMy New WW II Aviation Find

Brilliant items you have there!....

Great purchase,just out of curiousity whats the differnance between a fighter pilot and Airborne shute?and why please cheers..............

MAP
    ?

I agree with Leon. You should really try it to see if it still works!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Great purchase,just out of curiousity whats the differnance between a fighter pilot and Airborne shute?and why please cheers..............
    This chute, used generally by fighter pilots, is a seat type chute where the pilot actually sits on the chute. Airborne chutes are worn on the back and the harness also allows for the attachment of a reserve chute in front. You might also be interested in knowing that the actual parachute from seat type chutes like mine have been known to be converted into reserve chutes.

?

Thumbs up

Aircrew chutes are also smaller than Fallschirmjager chutes - of any country.
    Sarge

?

Tweaked my USAAF Pilot display this afternoon. He's wearing an Officer's wool OD shirt under his AN-S-31 Summer Flying Suit. Over the flying suit is a C-1 Emergency Survival Vest complete with a M-1911 .45 Automatic pistol. Around his throat is a T-30-S Throat Mic. The parachute of course is the AN 6511-1 Irving Seat Type Parachute.

My New WW II Aviation Find My New WW II Aviation Find

My New WW II Aviation Find My New WW II Aviation Find

My New WW II Aviation Find

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2