Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New War Bird / Caproni Pilot Uniform

Article about: Uniform of Arthur D. Farquhar, 1st Lt. , Squadriglia 6a (XI), Caproni Bombing Squadron. Squadriglia 6a had several pilots that were killed in action over the Vittorio Veneto Sector during a

Default Re: New War Bird / Caproni Pilot Uniform

Name: Arthur Douglas Farquhar
    Race: white
    Address: Sandy Spring, Montgomery Co.
    Birth Place: Sandy Spring, Md.
    Birth Date: 07 Mar 1891
    Comment: ERC 6/12/17 pvt 1c, School of Mil Aero Univ of Tex.; Casual Det Av Sec Sig C Unasgd 8/14/17; 8 Av Instr Center 10/12/17, Hon disch 3/22/18, ORC 3/23/18 1 lt Av Sec Sig C, 8 Av Instr Center; Italian Sq 6/30/18; Unasgd 11/14/18, Hon disch 12/21/18, Overseas 9/11/17 to 12/2/18, Def Sector (Venetia); Vittorio-Veneto, Wounded slightly 8/17/18, Italian War Cross, No specific citation.
    Maryland in the World War 1917-1919; Military and Naval Service Records, Volumes I & II
    Serbian
    Order of St. Sava

Quote by Croix de Guerre View Post
    Name: Arthur Douglas Farquhar
    Race: white
    Address: Sandy Spring, Montgomery Co.
    Birth Place: Sandy Spring, Md.
    Birth Date: 07 Mar 1891
    Comment: ERC 6/12/17 pvt 1c, School of Mil Aero Univ of Tex.; Casual Det Av Sec Sig C Unasgd 8/14/17; 8 Av Instr Center 10/12/17, Hon disch 3/22/18, ORC 3/23/18 1 lt Av Sec Sig C, 8 Av Instr Center; Italian Sq 6/30/18; Unasgd 11/14/18, Hon disch 12/21/18, Overseas 9/11/17 to 12/2/18, Def Sector (Venetia); Vittorio-Veneto, Wounded slightly 8/17/18, Italian War Cross, No specific citation.
    Maryland in the World War 1917-1919; Military and Naval Service Records, Volumes I & II
    Serbian
    Order of St. Sava
    Order of St. Sava
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Order of St. Sava was a decoration instituted by the order King Milan I of Serbia in 1883. The Order of St. Sava originally was established to recognize civilians for meritorious achievements in the arts and sciences. In 1914 a change was made permitting military personnel to receive the honor for military merit.

There is also a fraternal organization with a similar name, the Loyal Order of St. Sava, organized for social interactions among Serbian American residents of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Still another Order of St.Sava is conferred by the Orthodox Church of Serbia.

Order of St. Sava
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Order of St. Sava was a decoration instituted by the order King Milan I of Serbia in 1883. The Order of St. Sava originally was established to recognize civilians for meritorious achievements in the arts and sciences. In 1914 a change was made permitting military personnel to receive the honor for military merit.

There is also a fraternal organization with a similar name, the Loyal Order of St. Sava, organized for social interactions among Serbian American residents of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Still another Order of St.Sava is conferred by the Orthodox Church of Serbia.
    Order of the St. Sava
    second class breast star
    2. type produced by Arthus Bertrand, Paris
    1914-1921 period

Now, I beg to ask; "Where am dis medal?"
    Attached Images Attached Images New War Bird / Caproni Pilot Uniform 

Order of the St. Sava
    second class breast star
    2. type produced by Arthus Bertrand, Paris
    1914-1921 period
    order of the st. sava

Saint Archbishop Sava (Serbian: Свети Сава, Sveti Sava; (c. 1175, Ras - January 14, 1235, Trnovo, Bulgaria), baptised name Rastko Nemanjić (Serbian: Растко Немањић) was the youngest son of Serbian ruler Stefan Nemanja, Eastern Orthodox monk, first archbishop of Serbian Orthodox Church, diplomat, writer, law giver and founder of several important medieval monasteries. He heavily influenced Serbian medieval literature and art.

He is widely considered as one of the most important figures of Serbian history and he is canonized and venerated by the Serbian Orthodox Church. Also his life and personal devotion has been interpreted in many artistic works from the middle ages to modern times. The Temple of Saint Sava in Belgrade is his major shrine and the largest Eastern Orthodox church

Amazing uniform Dennis. Grats!

Uh, Tom - Could you possibly provide me a little more info on this group? - I feel that you are just skimming the surface here. Put your backbone in it.

DJ

Quote by Chris L View Post
    Amazing uniform Dennis. Grats!
    Thanks Chris - I've been working on this one for well over a year now from an East Coast friend.

Thanks, DJ

Steve, another HSM - I wonder if they contracted with the wing manufacturer?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New War Bird / Caproni Pilot Uniform  

Dennis,

Those were my thoughts as well. The same separate label that you posted above (Rain Proofed) appeared in the same uniform along with the previous label I posted.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Belleauwood View Post
    Uh, Tom - Could you possibly provide me a little more info on this group? - I feel that you are just skimming the surface here. Put your backbone in it.

DJ
    Yer welcome,,,,,now get to work!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast