Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Newark Air Museum

Article about: I decided to pop into Newark Air museum today. Slowly getting through all the pictures. I will start with the Vulcan that was based at R.A.F Waddington

Nice pics! Spent the week at the Land Rover show at Newark in 2009 and we filled an afternoon in at the Newark Air Museum - great place, didn't look that big but it was like the Tardis when you started wandering around the place, everywhere you looked there was more and more stuff!

Quote by davesap250 View Post
    V1 Flying bomb. Pic 2 parts are from a J52 crash site location unknown. The second is from a plane that crash landed in Hampshire during ww2. Anyone recognise what it is to??
    It's a Daimler-Benz DB 601 series. Could be off several different types including an Italian bomber, but i'll plump for either a Bf 109, Bf 110 or Do 215. Looks like a good museum too.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Fantastic photos Dave, what an interesting place. I'd love a few of those Lancaster parts, they'd make a great display!

Ned,

it was a BF110 taken from a crash site in Kent during the war.

Its a good little place unfortunately only the run ways remain.

?

Thanks for the snaps Dave..I didn't even know this place was there.. & I only live 20 miles away I need to get my butt in gear & visit it...So thanks for the heads up. Cheers Terry.

It is mainly Cold War Aircraft but it is a good place to go. Vixen, Lighting and Jaguar with Jaguar bomb load
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newark Air Museum   Newark Air Museum  

Newark Air Museum   Newark Air Museum  

Last edited by davesap250; 08-08-2013 at 07:08 PM.

some more....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newark Air Museum   Newark Air Museum  

Newark Air Museum  

Lancaster bomb selector switch and signatures from crews of the Dambusters

Quote by davesap250 View Post
    It is mainly Cold War Aircraft but it is a good place to go. Vixen, Lighting and Jaguar with Jaguar bomb load
    The bombs are BL755 cluster bomb canisters (Drill). They are banned now though but I got chance to load them before they were banned.

I went hear last month with my son very well worth a visit. they have a gloster javelin very rare plane only a few left.
    Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2