Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

No need to tease anymore - it arrived

Article about: Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen I just received the publication: Practical Flying, Complete Course of Flying Instruction. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I stated I would post some ad

Default No need to tease anymore - it arrived

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen

I just received the publication: Practical Flying, Complete Course of Flying Instruction. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I stated I would post some additional pictures when the item arrived.

The book is 237 pages in length and in fantastic condition for being a First Edition printed in 1918. It is quite comprehensive - covering everything from Theory and Practice of Flight to Notes on Suitable Clothing!

While there are unfortunately no photographs there are numerous illustrations throughout and towards the back of the book there are a number of pages of ads for a variety of things including flying clothing, spark plugs, magnetos, a variety of planes and 'aero varnishes, paints and enamels'.

I am certainly going to enjoy reading it with a 'cold one' as one wag mentioned elsewhere. I particularly like the section on Landing mishaps....oh is that what happens?

Cheers
    Tim

No need to tease anymore - it arrivedNo need to tease anymore - it arrivedNo need to tease anymore - it arrivedNo need to tease anymore - it arrivedNo need to tease anymore - it arrivedNo need to tease anymore - it arrived

That looks like a really nice book. I always like the adverts in books like these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

"How to fly a Sopwith Camel in 3 steps or less"....cool book and very interesting find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

"kick it in the guts, gas it and go" Pretty simple in those days!

Thank you gentlemen for your kind comments.

Cheers

What a great book! That's a good score mate, well done.