Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OPINIONS on a RAF Sgt Navigator Jacket

Article about: Hi: Can I ask you guys a opinion on this Jacket. It looks good, but I would like a second opinion. Cheers Luis

Default OPINIONS on a RAF Sgt Navigator Jacket

Hi:

Can I ask you guys a opinion on this Jacket.
    It looks good, but I would like a second opinion.

Cheers

Luis

OPINIONS on a RAF Sgt Navigator Jacket

Here´s more photos

OPINIONS on a RAF Sgt Navigator JacketOPINIONS on a RAF Sgt Navigator JacketOPINIONS on a RAF Sgt Navigator JacketOPINIONS on a RAF Sgt Navigator Jacket

Is there a label in it or has it been removed ? the problem is this pattern of RAF tunic was used after the war as well , So could be wartime or post war

My assesment is positive- it has the black backed albatross arm badges discontinued in the late 40's and the greyish lining of wartime examples rather than the purplish of later ones (though this is not 100% definitive, it is usually true, see the examples from my collection below.) Its not a rare piece and the price should not be very high.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OPINIONS on a RAF Sgt Navigator Jacket  

Thanks for the reply.
    No, Kradman, unfortunatly the label is missing.

Douglas2496 Thanks for your opinion. It was not too expensive (I think not...not sure...), 70£. But that´s not the question, the point is, I like (and I dont sell) the items I buy, but I like to be sure that all is ok with the item.
    Just one other question: the ribbon bar seems to be made of some kind of transparent plastic, is it normal? could it be a "much later adition"? The ribbons itself look ok.

Thanks

Cheers

Luis

ps: douglas, love your avatar. I got one of those not long ago, it is wonderfull. I went to England last month on vacation and saw one just like that at the IWM Duxford.

£70 is a fair price. Im really not sure about the transparent plastic bar, all the ones I have a metal. But modern replacement bars also tend to be metal. You might want to show some closeup good quality photos.

Ok, I´ll take some pics tonight and post them first thing tomorow.

mjw
    ?

Hello Luis, in addition it might be an idea to give a close up of the Navigators brevet. It could be a modern example that appears to be mounted too 'high' on the shoulder? Further pictures will clarify. Kind regards, Malcolm.

The C above the broad arrow markings mean it is post war.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry, thats interesting, do you know what year?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast