Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Original Art - Aviation Paintings

Article about: I have a fondness for collecting original paintings and drawings as well as collecting militaria. My favourite subject matter is aviation and maritime art and Robert Taylor and John Young ar

?

Default Original Art - Aviation Paintings

I have a fondness for collecting original paintings and drawings as well as collecting militaria. My favourite subject matter is aviation and maritime art and Robert Taylor and John Young are high on my list of favourite artists. The problem is that original art can cost a lot of money, thousands of pounds in some cases.

That's why I was very pleased to recently find this unknown but very talented Irish born painter who now lives in Spain. His name is Andrew Dillon and he is a really nice guy and very humble. So humble in fact that he forgot to mention that he was the artist as well as the ebay seller of this painting! It was only when I emailed him directly to ask if he knew whether the painting on ebay was original and not just a print that I found out the truth.

Here is his website:
    Paintings & Prints by Andrew Dillon

And here is the oil painting I bought from him.
    It depicts the Nieuport 11 of Cavalry Leutenant Jean Baptiste Marie Charles, Baron de Tricornot, Marquis de Rose, one of the founding fathers of the French airforce in WWI and commander of the first single seat fighter squadron in history (Escadrille MS.12).

There are very few artists that can convey the feeling of flight in a picture. This guy is one of them IMO and I hope you like it as much as I do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Art - Aviation Paintings   Original Art - Aviation Paintings  

?

Default Re: Original Art - Aviation Paintings

Here's another original oil painting that I picked up from ebay a few years ago.
    Quite an interesting one as it was donated as a raffle prize in 1984.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Art - Aviation Paintings   Original Art - Aviation Paintings  

Original Art - Aviation Paintings  

?

Nice work. With original art you run out of wall space very quickly.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Nice work. With original art you run out of wall space very quickly.
    Very true Steve!

Talented artists. Those are both wonderful paintings.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Very well painted, i love original aircraft oil paintings they give that extra mood of realism that prints lack

Really nice paintings mate, very talented artists.