MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

An Other Mosquito near Flying Condition!!! B.C. Canada

Article about: Well I heard about this a couple of weeks ago, I am usually up on this sort of thing, but was really surprised to find out how close to flying another Mosquito is in B.C Canada. Gezz, I thou

?

Default An Other Mosquito near Flying Condition!!! B.C. Canada

Well I heard about this a couple of weeks ago, I am usually up on this sort of thing, but was really surprised to find out how close to flying another Mosquito is in B.C Canada.

Gezz, I thought one of our West Coast of Canada Members would have mentioned this.

Please check this out if you love WW2 Aircraft.

Victoria Air*Maintenance Ltd - Cessna Authorized Service Facility and Cessna Parts Distributor

Click on "Projects"

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

...and the Canadians have a taxying Lanc ! Who knows the possibilities !!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images An Other Mosquito near Flying Condition!!! B.C. Canada 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Well we have a taxiing Lanc in GB, and i believe theres a plan afoot to get one of the existing non flying mossies in the air again, i remember seeing our flying example over Hatfield doing some great aerobatics back in the 70s, but it later crashed, there is a complete one in the Salisbury Hall De Havilland museum, also the prototype, which was painted yellow when i first saw it many years ago

- - ------- - -

Well we have a taxiing Lanc in GB, and i believe theres a plan afoot to get one of the existing non flying mossies in the air again, i remember seeing our flying example over Hatfield doing some great aerobatics back in the 70s, but it later crashed, there is a complete one in the Salisbury Hall De Havilland museum, also the prototype, which was painted yellow when i first saw it many years ago

Hi ,that's great news to hear ,the Mosquito is one of my all time favourite aircraft so I hope they succeed in getting it air worthy again. I to saw the Mosquito flying at an air show in Norwich England about 25 years ago, I guess it must have crashed soon afterwards? There is one hanging from the ceiling at RAF Duxford but I would guess there are no engines in that one! Leon.

?

The Lanc at Nanton Canada will never fly. That sat on a runway in Oshawa for years, until they bought it and restored it, They have contacted me for parts they were missing, however I could not help as I did not have the really oddball bits they needed.
    There is another complete Lanc sitting in NB for sale, she has been on display for over 50 years there, she is complete and could be made to fly.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Arrow

Quote by davejb View Post
    there is a complete one in the Salisbury Hall De Havilland museum, also the prototype, which was painted yellow when i first saw it many years ago
    Members may be interested in an update on Mossies at Salisbury Hall in the UK ( aka the DHAMT or 'Mosquito Museum' ). I've attached a couple of pics taken two weeks ago, just after the props had been fitted to FB.VI TA122. From being a pile of bits for many years, just a few final items are now needed to finish a complete, static fighter-bomber (eg gun-bay doors, tailplane to be fitted, fitment of cannon etc).

TA122 can now be viewed alongside the B.35 bomber variant, TA634. The eagle-eyed may spot the nose of the Protype, E0234/W4050 just peeking into the pic on the right...

The Prototype is currently undergoing deep restoration which is well advanced, and if all goes well will be completed in original wartime colour scheme ( camouflage upper, yellow lower ) so that all three aircraft will be displayed alongside each other during 2015.

And, no, none of these are scheduled to fly. To do so would be to replace so much of the original aircraft that they would no longer be 'original'. Certainly the Prototype is an incredible 'time capsule' with many traces of its hand-built origins.

( Notice I said 'scheduled' to fly - never say never ! If some kind person arrives at the Museum one day with the several million pounds needed to get - and keep - one flying......who knows ? )