Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A part of a WW2 Waller Mark 2 Aerial Machine Gunnery Trainer

Article about: I recently purchased this airspeed/altitude indicator at a local auction because I thought it looked interesting. It is made out of plywood and looks to be a mock up. There is a metal tag on

?

Default A part of a WW2 Waller Mark 2 Aerial Machine Gunnery Trainer

I recently purchased this airspeed/altitude indicator at a local auction because I thought it looked interesting. It is made out of plywood and looks to be a mock up. There is a metal tag on it that says: Machine Gun Trainer Mark 2, The Vitarama Corp. Long Island City, NY. 1942. After some internet searches I found this link (The Waller Flexible Gunnery Trainer). describing the Waller Flexible Gunnery Trainer "one of the top secret developments of the war and was on the restricted list of equipment". "The Trainer was used by the U. S. Army Air Corps, U. S. Navy. and the British for the final training and retraining of machine gunners. Just wondering if anyone has come across any parts of this trainer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A part of a WW2 Waller Mark 2 Aerial Machine Gunnery Trainer   A part of a WW2 Waller Mark 2 Aerial Machine Gunnery Trainer  

A part of a WW2 Waller Mark 2 Aerial Machine Gunnery Trainer  

very interesting - now of course you can use a PS3 or PS4 to do gunnery training
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "