Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAAF Canberra Bomber and RAN Westland Wessex Restorations

Article about: Spent a few hours yesterday at the National Vietnam Veterans Museum at Phillip Island , checking out their restoration projects in what really is "The Ultimate Man Cave " This plac

Default RAAF Canberra Bomber and RAN Westland Wessex Restorations

Spent a few hours yesterday at the National Vietnam Veterans Museum at Phillip Island , checking out their restoration projects in what really is "The Ultimate Man Cave "
    This place is truly spectacular now , the museum has over 2,500 individual pieces on display and many interactive components to displays .
    The volunteers that run it are truly fantastic , and I highly recommend to anyone to visit and enjoy their company and knowledge.

I love the Canberra it's a great looking aircraft!...

anice place to visit.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Yeah it is mate , this one is the oldest surviving Canberra in the world . The 1st Canberra in Aus Service.
    A84-307 is its serial # It was also the 1st jet of any kind to fly from the UK to Australia in 1951 , in 21hrs and 41 mins.
    That is it far right in the photo.

?

The old Wessex reminds me of my Northern Ireland days back in the 80's.. it was the workhorse in South Armagh back then..You spent half your time in one whizzing around the countryside & the other half in a sangar stagging on with a bit of pan bashing just to break the boredom.....lol. Cheers Terry.

I remember seeing the Canberra in the skies when I was a kid! They had a recon role then

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Showing your age Nick !!!!..best retract that sentence!!! lol.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    The old Wessex reminds me of my Northern Ireland days back in the 80's.. it was the workhorse in South Armagh back then..You spent half your time in one whizzing around the countryside & the other half in a sangar stagging on with a bit of pan bashing just to break the boredom.....lol. Cheers Terry.
    Must have been a hell of a noisy ride , lol

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    ...and that's one way to get the big boofy bird into a museum - pull the wings off & stand 'em on edge!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I think all choppers are noisey..but the Wessex being so old would rattle a lot more.. I remember once when we had that many troops & kit on this Wessex it had to take a run up to get out of the field..I thought sod this for a game of soldiers..lol. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast