Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

RAAF Volt and Amp Guages

Article about: Heres a couple of WW2 RAAF Volt and Amp gauges. Not Aircraft , some on ground device , but they are pretty cool and I like them

Default RAAF Volt and Amp Guages

Heres a couple of WW2 RAAF Volt and Amp gauges.
    Not Aircraft , some on ground device , but they are pretty cool and I like them

As a collector of aviation gear, gauges included, I would have to say I'm very impressed.
    Any ideas how you will display them.

Cheers, Willie.

Quote by willie45 View Post
    As a collector of aviation gear, gauges included, I would have to say I'm very impressed.
    Any ideas how you will display them.

Cheers, Willie.
    No Mate , I have NFI what item they are off , anything I suggest is just speculation , but they are very cool eh ?

a shocking item.lol

I knew I'd seen that style of gauge somewhere. Very similar face to some US type gauges.
    The voltage on the RAAF gauges seems too low for aircraft, so they must be off some sort of ground equipment.

This one is supposed to be from a B-29.(just a random photo from the net)
    I think they were made by Westinghouse.
    RAAF Volt and Amp Guages

Cheers, Willie.

Same design mate, but nothing aircraft related , Dial face is 3 1/2 " ( 9CM ) Diameter and body depth 1 1/2 " (4cm)
    Lightweight construction , designed for some panel face. They are precision made instruments

Interesting to note that they bear the British maker's stamp on the lower face. They must have been made in the UK for the RAAF, and not made out here under license like some other things, the MK. 111A gunsight for example.

I've seen some photos on the net of the same type of gauges on ground based radio sets, so radio equipment would be my guess. Nice gauges. Good RAAF stuff is a bit hard to come by these days.

Cheers, Willie.

Default Grandad worked with Radar no idea what the machine actually did put the gauges look familiar

Grandad worked with Radar no idea what the machine actually did put the gauges look familiar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAAF Volt and Amp Guages   RAAF Volt and Amp Guages