Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Stunning Aviation Museum , New Zealand

Article about: Hello guys , a few weeks back i managed to get a weeks hoilday and so headed down to the south island here in New Zealand , i had heard of this awesome aviation museum there its called Omaka

?

Default Re: Stunning Aviation Museum , New Zealand

Fantastic museum and great pictures,thanks for posting,if I ever get to that part of the world I will definately visit there.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Raymond,

Thanks very much for such a magnificent posting. Your photography is superb and the quality of the displays are hauntingly realistic...magnificent!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Would love to be able to see it in person, kind of far off from here. Thanks for posting, if you get more please post. Very realistic, they look real. Whoever put it together gets a thumbs up from me. John

I've been to nearly 30 aviation museums over the years. Up to and including the USAF museum. Haven't made it to NASM, yet. Without question, this one is in a class by itself. The use of "live action" display is phenomenal. Hats off to the curator(s). Superb.

Thanks for the great comments guys , it truely is a great place to visit and as i mentioned i only had a rush viewing there was a lot of awesome displays of uniforms , medals , all sorts of flying stuff i never got to realy see , alot of ww1 German related items that you just wouldnt expect to see way down here .
    As mentioned Peter Jackson the movie maker played the major part in the big displays and does own alot of stuff there , im glad you injoyed the pics , cheers Raymond

Thanks for showing it mate! Most of us will never get the chance so its important you did this! Thankyou!

Sorry for your loss!

Cheers
    Dan

Outstanding

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for the kind words Dan , and replies , i have decided im going to try and go back and finish my hoilday probaly in early June , i will go back to the museum and get some more photos and info seeing how the responce to my post is very positive , thanks again guys cheers Raymond

INCREDIBLE!,,,it looks as though you are standing right there with them!...many thanks for sharing,,,SUPERB EFFORT ON THIS MUSEUMS PART,...

?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for showing this to us. Never knew it existed. The detail is incredible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast