Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US practice bomb

Article about: I would show the flying helmet on a glass display head. You can get these from shop fitters suppliers etc. Medal display stands can be found here: Mini Coin Easels, Coin Display Stands, Fish

Default re: US practice bomb

I would show the flying helmet on a glass display head. You can get these from shop fitters suppliers etc.

Medal display stands can be found here:

Mini Coin Easels, Coin Display Stands, Fishing Lure Easels, Knife Display Easels

Cheers, Ade.

WWI era US Aviator's Helmet

Here is what I did with mine (post#7), the head is foam covered with black silk . I have never liked faces with details on mannequins so I either paint them black or cover them. But that of course is a matter preference. Whatever you do, put it on something that resembles a human head shape.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

iron cross
    ?

Thanks Ade and Steve for your help and ideas. Its going to take some time to get every thing displayed since I just moved into my new home. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Iron Cross

Quote by iron cross View Post
    Thanks Ade and Steve for your help and ideas. Its going to take some time to get every thing displayed since I just moved into my new home. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Iron Cross
    Not a problem...that's how I roll.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

grippie28
    ?

Default Re: US practice bomb

i would love to buy that from you if you are interested in selling- also if anyone comes by one or 2 of these i am extremely interested- i have a 64 chevy pickup and i would like to make dual tanks to mount between the cab and fenders on eack side---the logo on the door says 3 three finger franks fireworks and these would make the truck!

Default Re: US practice bomb

Hello grippie. The two places below have both had bombs like you are looking for in the past. I haven't been to either of them in the past year or so, but for the ten years before that each of them had these type bombs Korean War vintage practice bombs. They also had a couple Viet Nam era inert bombs. So you understand, the practice bombs like you see in the picture here are made of sheet metal, about like you would find in a gas tank, and weigh 5 to 10 pounds. The ones in the picture on this post were filled with water or sand to give them the required heft. An inert bomb is a real bomb casing, but without any explosives inside. They tend to be much heavier, a hundred pounds or so without any filler. If they wanted to actually drop it they could fill it with sand or concrete to get up to the correct weight. I think the inert bombs they had were about 250 pound bombs, but they are much less than that without the filler. Good luck.

Omaha's Surplus, 2413 White Settlement Road, Fort Worth - (817) 332-1493
    Col. Bubbie's Strand Surplus Senter || 2202 Strand || Galveston, TX || 77550 || tel:1-800-231-6005 // emailrequests@colbubbie.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2