Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US practice bomb

Article about: I would show the flying helmet on a glass display head. You can get these from shop fitters suppliers etc. Medal display stands can be found here: Mini Coin Easels, Coin Display Stands, Fish

iron cross
    ?

Default US practice bomb

Hi guys purchased this U.S practice bomb last weekend at a flea market for $27 dollars and this U.S leather pilots cap which I do believe is WW2 for $10. Have not seen many of these bombs around and thought you guys would enjoy taking look at it. Any information would be great since this is not my main field of collecting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US practice bomb   US practice bomb  

US practice bomb   US practice bomb  

US practice bomb  

iron cross
    ?

Default re: US practice bomb

Here are some more pic's. The flight cap has USAF marked on it so it is definetly US. I think these two items look good together and I am glad to add them to my small collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US practice bomb   US practice bomb  

US practice bomb   US practice bomb  

US practice bomb  

Great items at a great price too!

Cheers, Ade.

iron cross
    ?

Thanks Ade I really got lucky last weekend with these two items at the flea market and then the bayonets at the yard sale on the way home from the flea market. Finialy I have had some really good luck it the collecting world.

yanks12025
    ?

How big is the practice bomb.

iron cross
    ?

20 or so inches tall. The size of a regular ww2 bomb it had to be the same size because they needed to practice for the real thing. Its as tall as half a door.

Nice pick ups. That bomb would make a killer looking floor lamp and would be very easy to convert...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

iron cross
    ?

Thanks Steve that is a great idea I am going to look in to doing that.

Quote by iron cross View Post
    Thanks Steve that is a great idea I am going to look in to doing that.
    ....you can buy wiring kits with the plug and socket for almost nothing at a hardware or hobby store. Then all you have to do is pick out a shade....maybe a WWII British or US helmet perhaps???
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

iron cross
    ?

I am going to do that. How should I display the pilots cap. Also do you know any web sites that sell military medal dispaly stands. I know their is an add on here but I just want to know if their are any web sites thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast