Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet

Article about: by f100zardoz great photo...it looks hot there!! Were you there during tet? Got in-country right at the end of Tet, the oil storage tanks outside Siagon were still burning when I made my fir

Default Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet

Certainly not historic nor a relic from the big wars, but Vietnam will come into its own one of these days.

This is my flight helmet from my service with D Co "HAWKS", 101st Aviation Battalion, 101st Airborne Division, 1971-1972. On one side is the D Co "Hawk" unit insignia, the other side has my call sign "Hawk 33" and of course the flag speaks for itself.

I hope that some of our forum members will find this somewhat interesting.

Terry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet   Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet  

Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet  

Default Re: Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet

Nice one Terry,
    I've always wanted one and still do, they're not cheap to buy

Thanks

Certainly not historic nor a relic from the big wars, but Vietnam will come into its own one of these days.
    It is history as far as I am concerned, and it is all the more meaningful having the person who wore it share it with us. Forum postings about these items rarely afford the benefit of corresponding directly with the person to whom the item(s) belong.

Your children are very fortunate Major...in more ways than one. I say that with no reservation whatsoever.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I love it Terry!

Personally i find that those helmets are a thing of beauty !! When i 1st started collecting Vietnam era i was more into ground troops but as years pass i have grown to adore these helmets. It is funny that you should post your helmet as i am now looking to purchase a couple to complete? (probably not) my Vietnam helmets collection.

Thank you so much again Terry for showing us yours.

Best rgds, Ty

Steve, Terry, sorry but i must say this. That helmet is BAD AS?@$#&%!!

That is how much i yearning to own one at this time

Ty

P.S. please excuse my immaturity.

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Steve, Terry, sorry but i must say this. That helmet is BAD AS?@$#&%!!

That is how much i yearning to own one at this time

Ty

P.S. please excuse my immaturity.
    Tyrone,

Don't mistake "immaturity" with that wonderful giddy feeling we once felt often as children. In fact, I thought had lost that feeling forever, until I found the wonderful world of aviation!

Sometimes I look back at some of my accolades over items like this that some may consider them over-enthusiastic, but I don't care. And you know what...I wouldn't change one word of my child-like enthusiastic uttering.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Fantastic helmet there "Hawk 33". I bet you can still hear that name sqawking over the radio in your sleep. Thank you for your service. You guys had to eat a sh#t sandwich over there, and there's no pleasant way to do that. The admin. had you blowing up stuff that didn't need blown up, and wouldn't let you bomb what desperately needed to be bombed. I hope you have held your head high, because you deserve respect for your service.
    Take care, Jay

Yes Steve, i know the feeling. I have collected alot of foreign memorabilia over the years but to me the things that matter most are here for us in the U.S. The war theaters that changed our nation and our hero's have a special meaning and many Americans don't even realize and probably never will what sacrifice they made.

Ok i'm getting away of what my point was. As time passes for me, like for you the aviation branch of the war has me enthusiastic again and yes i can get over excited at times.

I have not even touched the Naval portion of our nation yet as i have close family involved with that branch during that time period as well.

rgds, Ty

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Fantastic helmet there "Hawk 33". I bet you can still hear that name sqawking over the radio in your sleep. Thank you for your service. You guys had to eat a sh#t sandwich over there, and there's no pleasant way to do that. The admin. had you blowing up stuff that didn't need blown up, and wouldn't let you bomb what desperately needed to be bombed. I hope you have held your head high, because you deserve respect for your service.
    Take care, Jay
    Jay,
    Thanks, Yes its not hard to hold ones head up especially when I think of all the magnificant men that I had the pleasure of serving with. (No offense to you ladies, we didn't have females with our units at that time in our history). I had the honor to associate with the finest that the US had to offer, many of whom didn't make it back. But they will never be forgotten for their sacrifice.
    Terry

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    I love it Terry!

Personally i find that those helmets are a thing of beauty !! When i 1st started collecting Vietnam era i was more into ground troops but as years pass i have grown to adore these helmets. It is funny that you should post your helmet as i am now looking to purchase a couple to complete? (probably not) my Vietnam helmets collection.

Thank you so much again Terry for showing us yours.

Best rgds, Ty

Ty,
    Thanks, I suspect its time for you to show us what jewels your hiding in your collection. I always enjoy seeing what my fellow collectors have amassed.
    Terry

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast