Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

While spending time with your family...

Article about: on Christmas opening gifts......don't forget that the high cost paid for these luxuries is a debt that someone else will pay - for the rest of their life

Default Re: While spending time with your family...

...__...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture While spending time with your family...  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I know this thread is a bit "heavy", but visuals are much more powerful than words in understanding how deeply and perpetually loved ones are affected by these losses...especially the children.

When you attend a family function this holiday season, stop for a moment, look around you and remember those who have lost a father, mother, brother, sister, son or daughter to the enemy.

Remember the fallen of all nations and all wars. Like laughter, grief is a universal emotion.
    Attached Images Attached Images While spending time with your family... 
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

RIP, not forgotten.

R.i.p

My heart bleeds. A good reminder Steven.

Let no one forget !!

best rgds, Tyrone

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    My heart bleeds. A good reminder Steven.

Let no one forget !!

best rgds, Tyrone
    Hello Ty,

Though I have always been conscience of sacrifices of the fallen and the effect on their families, I think I started to get a truer and more in depth perspective since getting more "intimate" with the history of items in my collection with a name.

And of course my sometimes mean and grouchy heart always melts and breaks when I see little children suffering without their mothers and fathers who have fallen in defense of others. I must admit that Christmas has been a mixture of happiness and sorrow since I have grown a bit older. But I guess that is true with all of us to some extent when we experience loss.

Thank God that the children who have not lost someone, still have that sense of innocence and unbridled joy around this time of the year. I am only sorry that some have had to become victims of our cruel adult world and grow up too early because of their losses...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Powerful images Steve!

May they all rest in peace !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Indeed Nick. They are hard to look at, but it is necessary in my opinion.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Very stong pictures indeed...
    cherish the moments with your family and friends.
    Happy holliday's

?

True hero's ..

God Bless them all ..

Gary J.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast