Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

A wing for review...

Article about: I found this on ebay from a seller who is parting out her late husband's collection. I have my opinion, but I would like to hear yours and why! or

Default A wing for review...

I found this on ebay from a seller who is parting out her late husband's collection. I have my opinion, but I would like to hear yours and why!

or
    Attached Images Attached Images A wing for review...  A wing for review... 
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: A wing for review...

Front looks aged - Rear looks new.......?
    Regards,

Steve.

does the lack of 13 stars have anything to do with it?

?

I would pass on it. Also beware of that dealer, while SHE has managed to get away with it up until now SHE has been known to sell a number of fakes in the past.

Quote by CliffP View Post

I would pass on it. Also beware of that dealer, while SHE has managed to get away with it up until now SHE has been known to sell a number of fakes in the past.
    why do you think it's bad, besides bogus dealer story?

?

Indoneasa did 11 stars .. not 13.... aged fakes look good

Quote by gooseandspoons View Post
    does the lack of 13 stars have anything to do with it?
    Howdy. The number of stars really can't be used as a determining factor. There are plenty of legitimate period attributed wings with any number of stars and x's as well with odd pattern numbers.

I personally own three HEAVILY documented uniforms with French made wings which each have 10 stars. Also, if you have ever seen the very rare bullion variant of the US wing made by the Brits, they seem to all have just 5 x's for stars, one above and four below. Just some examples...
    Last edited by Steven M; 09-23-2010 at 02:42 AM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by CliffP View Post

I will say that at this point, i must agree with Cliff about this seller. I don't mean to sound crass, but I think the "deceased husband" line has been well-played and a lot of junk has sold at some very high prices....beware is good advice.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Since no one else seems to want to play - it is trash. It isn't difficult to artificially age bullion boys and girls...

FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings

Note any similarities to the wing in the above thread (post 38)?

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]