Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ww2 focke wulf fw-190 d9 for sale!!!!!!!

Article about: That would look good in my backyard !! Nice fighter. Cheers! Taka

Default Ww2 focke wulf fw-190 d9 for sale!!!!!!!

Totally restored using as many original parts where possible.comes with authentic serial number and battle history.this is one of only two D-9's still airworthy.this particular Wulf flew with the JG54 GREENHEARTS.guide price $650,000...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 focke wulf fw-190 d9 for sale!!!!!!!  

Beautiful aircraft!

I'm going to start saving.
    Jedem das Seine

cripes thats cheap.

?

Beautiful Aircraft !!

Greg

$650,00? I smell a rat, or something wrong at least. That's nowhere near enough for an airworthy original, could it be for a SHARE in the aircraft's ownership??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Just found it. It's rebuilt to static condition, not airworthy as stated.

For sale: Focke Wulf FW-190D-9 $650,000 - WAR HISTORY ONLINE

If you read carefully almost the entire fuselage and wings are modern built replacements, I reckon it's probably less than 50% original.

Oh well, never mind.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well then its priced accordingly,ok should have gone to specsavers

Ned, honestly for the most part any flying Spitfire or P-51 could only dream of being at least 50% original - many are dataplate rebuilds with a bit of originaly stuff for spice. Simply put the market for static display aircraft is small given the funds required even for something like this. It is an excellent display bird but not airworthy so it does not appeal to the flying crowd, and too expensive for static musems that don't already have something similar. The price reflects a modest profit for the builder after commissions, the skilled shop time for a project like this would make your eyes water. Eventually it will find a home.

Quote by asterperious View Post
    Ned, honestly for the most part any flying Spitfire or P-51 could only dream of being at least 50% original - many are dataplate rebuilds with a bit of originaly stuff for spice. Simply put the market for static display aircraft is small given the funds required even for something like this. It is an excellent display bird but not airworthy so it does not appeal to the flying crowd, and too expensive for static musems that don't already have something similar. The price reflects a modest profit for the builder after commissions, the skilled shop time for a project like this would make your eyes water. Eventually it will find a home.
    I am aware of this having worked on many refurbs rather than complete rebuilds on aircraft at the RAF Museum Cosford a few years back until it was all (quite correctly imo) taken over by the RAF with the help of some highly skilled ex riggers and mechanics etc. as well, to stop some well intentioned but seriously misplaced attempts at restorations by well meaning but sadly inept volunteer members. Health and safety laws also came into play with the concern of accidents/injuries being the cause of law suits in this increasingly blame and claim society of ours.

The Me 163 Komet was a case in point, taking several years of work to get it into a reasonably good display condition after years of bodging and multiple inaccurate paint schemes done over the years after it's being brought back here after the war. When you consider how small it is, the man hours of work in that time expended on it would have cost tens of thousands of pounds if it were not done on a purely voluntary basis.

I agree that the 190 will eventually sell, and it sure will make a great display piece, all I was pointing out was that the relatively cheap price was reflected by the fact that it was probably less than 50% original. That's not unusual for an airworthy example, as you have said, that in many cases are practically a new build with the minimum of genuine parts used due to certificate of airworthiness requirements. But when it comes to static display, I can safely say that many rarer airframes that I have known at the RAF museum are considerably more original than this one, some almost entirely, and that needs to be factored into the equation as to how desirable the aircraft is to museums or private collections. One only has to look at the Halifax at Elvington to see a similar thing, a great looking display piece but hardly very original. But it does it's job of showing the public what a heavy bomber looked like very well, and for that reason it works. So it is with the 190 shown here.

Regards, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast