Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

From 1 June 2009 database to Soviet awards archive closed

Article about: From 1 June 2009 database to Soviet awards archive closed for public inquieries, due of a lot of inquieries about non MIA soldiers and just an historical research. The Russian Military archi

?

Default From 1 June 2009 database to Soviet awards archive closed

From 1 June 2009 database to Soviet awards archive closed for public inquieries, due of a lot of inquieries about non MIA soldiers and just an historical research. The Russian Military archive in Podolsk will no longer work with societies and private persones,they stated to work only with Russian military organizations and goverment authorities. That is bad due of now all the found soldier's bodies with medals will hard to recognize. Only through the representative in Russian embassy...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement From 1 June 2009 database to Soviet awards archive closed
    P
    Many

Default Re: From 1 June 2009 database to Soviet awards archive closed

Quote by Dimas View Post
    From 1 June 2009 database to Soviet awards archive closed for public inquieries, due of a lot of inquieries about non MIA soldiers and just an historical research. The Russian Military archive in Podolsk will no longer work with societies and private persones,they stated to work only with Russian military organizations and goverment authorities. That is bad due of now all the found soldier's bodies with medals will hard to recognize. Only through the representative in Russian embassy...
    Dimas,

Sad news indeed.

I can see researched medal prices skyrocketing!!

Regards,

Gus

Hi Dimas, that is really bad news. Didn't they close the archive like this once before? I really hope they re-open it in the future as I have lots of awards I want to research.

Cheers, Ade.

Bad news for collectors, thank for the info Dimas !

?

Default Re: Swings & roundabouts

I'm a bit undecided on this in truth. I too have a number of awards I would love to know the story behind.
    The price of this research would have been quite high, over a grand in any major currency, not spending that money on paperwork means I can add to my collection more silver and hot-baked enamel.
    The chance of a Nevsky becomes far more likely with the archive closure

Cheers.

?

It is in fact a real tragedy...I got my first bit of research back over the weekend as it happens. Anatoly Semyonovic got his ORS for delivering orders on horse in Latvia for the 2nd Baltic front.

To think I wont be able to get anymore historical adventures explode in my life is quite grim... despite my attempts to find a silver lining..

?

It's interesting to see these old posts, because I didn't experience any impediments in getting research done in the last year. Research has even gotten cheaper and faster and more archives have opened up (navy, KGB). I now know of at least five researchers, plus an additional two that have more or less quitted, that can do research. I'm even having some of my awards - that were previously considered unresearchable or were a dead end research - researched again with great results.

?

Its good to hear that research has got cheaper, I'll only ever be a collector of 'minor to moderate' combat awards, notably Krasnaya Zvezda, and found that the cost of research was often in excess of the price of adding a new award to my collection. It has been too easy to skip the research and add a star!