Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1922 Soviet Technical Service Badge

Article about: A silver marked, 1922 dated, Technical Service Badge. Army? School? Any info would be appreciated.

pjm
    ?

Default 1922 Soviet Technical Service Badge

A silver marked, 1922 dated, Technical Service Badge. Army? School? Any info would be appreciated.

1922 Soviet Technical Service Badge1922 Soviet Technical Service Badge1922 Soviet Technical Service Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1922 Soviet Technical Service Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1922 Soviet Technical Service Badge

I went through 737 pages of AVERS 8 and could not find anything remotely close.

It does seem to be base fashioned out of something else, with the Fireman and unknown embellishments added...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

pjm
    ?

Here's an enhanced image showing the etched award number 55 and possibly a letter on the back. I don't have the resource mentioned but it appears to me to be an official...if perhaps local...award.The fact that it is silver and numbered indicates seems to indicate that.

I didn't think of Fire department. hmmm...

The other question is, what it is worth?

1922 Soviet Technical Service Badge
    Last edited by pjm; 09-16-2011 at 02:57 PM.

The cipher on obverse is one of a few types used exclusively by the GUPO - Directorate of Fire Guards. It adorns many Fire service related headgear cockardes and badges.

I'll post this one on of the Russian award forums and see what our foreign associates have to say.

pjm
    ?

Thanks. It seems good to me based on the age, etc. It looks like the star enamel has been bumped by axe over the years. I don't know how typical it is in this period to use a generic back piece with appropriate additions for different uses. However, the extra holes in the lower wreath area implies other devices could be attached.
    Last edited by pjm; 09-17-2011 at 03:01 PM.

pjm
    ?

Any news? I can obtain this badge and presume it is a good piece but would like some confirmation on what it is exactly, if anyone knows.

Quote by pjm View Post
    Any news?

None from my end...

My HO is this; Unless it is really inexpensive (like scrap value plus a bit), I would save your money until the seller enlightens you further, or we hear from others that may be late viewing this thread. Or, this one: 1922 Soviet Badge - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Dom
    ?

Completely unknown to the reference books
    Probably an assembly of several pieces

pjm
    ?

Unfortunately, the seller has no clue. Of course, it could be an assembly of pieces but whether assembled as an early award in 1922 or by a collector/faker recently is the question. Personally, based on the wear, patina and overall age, I tend to think it's an old, original badge.

Not to second guess a faker, but why would one take a relatively rare, silver marked, early Soviet badge and turn it into an unknown Fire Department service award?

As for reference books, new ones are always being written as interest and information becomes available. As they say, the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Last edited by pjm; 10-01-2011 at 03:23 PM.