Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

20 Years of the Red Army 1918-1938 medal

Article about: Final purchase of this collecting year and the pride and joy of my Soviet collection so far! Awarded to soldiers and officers of the Red Army who as of February 23rd 1938 (the Day of the Red

Default 20 Years of the Red Army 1918-1938 medal

Final purchase of this collecting year and the pride and joy of my Soviet collection so far!

Awarded to soldiers and officers of the Red Army who as of February 23rd 1938 (the Day of the Red Army) had served 20 years in its ranks and to those awarded the Order of the Red Banner for distinguished service during the Civil War.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 20 Years of the Red Army 1918-1938 medal   20 Years of the Red Army 1918-1938 medal  

20 Years of the Red Army 1918-1938 medal   20 Years of the Red Army 1918-1938 medal  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 20 Years of the Red Army 1918-1938 medal
    P
    Many

Hello Nick.
    Congratulations. The red enamel looks fantastic. It is one of my favorite medals of the former USSR.
    Do you give me permission to upload some photographs of my copy?
    I bought it a few years ago (I think in Bulgaria) and I wouldn't mind if the experts told me their opinion too.
    My copy is very worn, which is why I have always believed it was original, although as you all know the USSR medals are not my specialty at all. By the way from what I have seen an original copy has a high economic value

Once again my opinion, it is a very complete medal, I really like both its red enamel star, with 20 in Roman numerals on the front, and its reverse with the rifleman with the gun pointed

Best regards.
    Santi

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Hello Nick.
    Congratulations. The red enamel looks fantastic. It is one of my favorite medals of the former USSR.
    Do you give me permission to upload some photographs of my copy?
    I bought it a few years ago (I think in Bulgaria) and I wouldn't mind if the experts told me their opinion too.
    My copy is very worn, which is why I have always believed it was original, although as you all know the USSR medals are not my specialty at all. By the way from what I have seen an original copy has a high economic value

Once again my opinion, it is a very complete medal, I really like both its red enamel star, with 20 in Roman numerals on the front, and its reverse with the rifleman with the gun pointed

Best regards.
    Santi
    Thank you Santi, there is some damage to the enamel but hey I like ‘lived in’ items as well as minty stuff
    Yes please upload your example, I look forward to seeing it
    This award caught my eye years ago when I collected TR stuff and is a favourite of mine too
    A beautiful design with great history

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very grateful to Nick's kindness, now I upload the photos I just made of my copy of the award.
    Any expert opinion will be appreciated. And as I said before, my feeling is that it is an authentic example.

Best regards.

Santi

sorry - fake, enamel is not correct, the metal is cheap ...probably Chinese, lacking details on the back...

Hi Santi

Thanks for posting
    I have to agree, straight away I could see the medal is not circular... its misshapen, the date numbers look wrong and Soft detail

Nick

The second one shown is a fake yes.
    Nick: yours has beautiful enamel. Congrats with this beauty!!

Thanks for the info, mates.
    At least, it looks "good" in my showcase.

I guess it couldn't be good for the 15 euros that I remember it cost me.