Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any ideas on this soviet medal

Article about: I picked this medal up at an antique shop about 7 months ago for around £5. my guess is that this is a victory over Germany medal as it has 1941-1945 written on it. however I'm really not su

Default Any ideas on this soviet medal

I picked this medal up at an antique shop about 7 months ago for around £5. my guess is that this is a victory over Germany medal as it has 1941-1945 written on it. however I'm really not sure as soviet items aren't really my area of collecting or knowledge for that matter. So any suggestions would be helpful as its just been siting around in a box of spare buttons and cap badges and I'd like to know a little bit more about it.

On a side not i wish everybody on the forum a merry Christmas and a happy new year
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any ideas on this soviet medal   Any ideas on this soviet medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any ideas on this soviet medal
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Any ideas on this soviet medal

It's a Medal for Valiant Labor in the Great Patriotic War, see The Soviet Military Awards Page. Medals, History and Russia!
    Basically it's the civilian counterpart of the Victory over Germany medal. Over 16 million pieces were issued.

Never thought it was going to be a jem but its nice to know finally know what it is thanks for your help

This is what it should look like with its correct five pointed ribbon suspender.

Merry Christmas to yourself and Auke .

Tom

Any ideas on this soviet medalAny ideas on this soviet medal