Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Assorted Soviet Documents

Article about: I must admit an impulse buy on Fleabay the weekend, assorted documents relating to Kravchuk Vasily Stepanovich, did not pay alot for them. I am hoping they are all period and genuine documen

Default Assorted Soviet Documents

I must admit an impulse buy on Fleabay the weekend, assorted documents relating to Kravchuk Vasily Stepanovich, did not pay alot for them.

I am hoping they are all period and genuine documents, I feel they are, but as always opinions always greatly appreciated !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assorted Soviet Documents
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Assorted Soviet Documents

They look good to me. A Leningrad doc in poor shape and a medals booklet with a CSM.
    The other booklet I assume to be some sort of driver's liscence. Dated '47?
    No clue on the fourth item.

Thanksfor the input, do you think they are indeed to the same person ? I find it difficult understand the writing

Cheers M

?

Nice, you'll have to see if there is an ORS lurking in one of the back pages - Also his name is probably Vasily Stepanovich Kravchuk

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Thanksfor the input, do you think they are indeed to the same person ? I find it difficult understand the writing. Cheers M
    Looks like it although I don't see the name portion of the medals booklet.
    I don't read hand-written Cyrillic very well but I can match up some of the characters, especially the capitolised ones. Spread out all 4 docs and compare the name areas and I think you'll find similarities.

?

I think it's a real doc for the medal "Defence of Leningrad". The driving license with a warning ticket (single page white, rectangular one) look convincing as well.

Cheers guys for te input, when I receive then will check them over !

Here is what I believe to be the citation and award list for the Combat Service Medal, #2935082, from the archives. . . He is #21. . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assorted Soviet Documents   Assorted Soviet Documents  

Assorted Soviet Documents   Assorted Soviet Documents  

Great, thanks Bill, what information can be gained from the document? The information I had when I bought them was that in April 1945 he personally killed 6 German soldiers ??

?

Nah, no direct killing. The medal is for overall bravery as a military driver, that delivered the supplies to front-line during the offencive operations. Most of the time under heavy enemy fire. Regardless of any circumstances he always managed to deliver ammunition and food on-time etc.

The document also mentions his medal for the defence of Leningrad. Drivers life was a hell in there. Just imagine driving on the ice of Ladoga to supply ammo and food for starving city.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast