Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Assorted Soviet Documents

Article about: I must admit an impulse buy on Fleabay the weekend, assorted documents relating to Kravchuk Vasily Stepanovich, did not pay alot for them. I am hoping they are all period and genuine documen

?

Default Re: Assorted Soviet Documents

It's unlikely, but there is a small chance. Have a look at these posts: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...51-a-259061-3/

In either case, $23 was a bargain.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assorted Soviet Documents
    P
    Many

Quote by Auke View Post
    It's unlikely, but there is a small chance. Have a look at these posts: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...51-a-259061-3/

In either case, $23 was a bargain.
    Many thanks for your help Auke, appreciated !

See this please, these will be in my possesion soon, can you tell me anything about them please ??

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...-group-244310/

Cheers
    Martin

?

Well, as I wrote in the original topic, it seems to be an original group. All that's missing is the document for his 20th Anniversary of Victory Medal (and possibly also a Victory over Germany Medal with document). I looked up his citations online and he enlisted in the Georgian capital of Tbilisi, served as a Private in a howitzer regiment and later as a Sergeant in a 76-mm gun battery of an infantry regiment. The recipient's name is Georgy Levonovich (Leonovich) Mudzharashvili / Mudzhirishvili / Mudzhirashvili / Mudereshvili. Four different documents and four different ways to write his name... The Soviets definitely had trouble transcribing Caucasian names.

Thanks Auke, any indication what the Order of Glory was awarded for and also the bravery medal ??

Cheers M

?

The OG3 was awarded for displaying exceptional bravery; he crossed a river with the very first infantry units, and when the gun commander was put out of action he assumed command. His gun killed 10 Germans and suppressed a mounted machine gun.

The MC was awarded for repairing two breaks in a telephone line under heavy artillery and mortar fire, enabling his battalion to keep firing and repel an attack.

Auke ??

Are you serious ?? How do you gain this knowledge??? !!!

Quote by Auke View Post
    The OG3 was awarded for displaying exceptional bravery; he crossed a river with the very first infantry units, and when the gun commander was put out of action he assumed command. His gun killed 10 Germans and suppressed a mounted machine gun.

The MC was awarded for repairing two breaks in a telephone line under heavy artillery and mortar fire, enabling his battalion to keep firing and repel an attack.

?

I'm the medal magician.

Jokes aside, most wartime award citations are in an online database where you can just look them up, if you know the name of the recipient. Where do you think Bill found that MCM citation?

Quote by Auke View Post
    I'm the medal magician.

Jokes aside, most wartime award citations are in an online database where you can just look them up, if you know the name of the recipient. Where do you think Bill found that MCM citation?
    Haha, you are the medal magician !!! Yes I realise they most likely could be reseached online somewhere, its knowing where I guess and how to interpret the information

Again, thanks for your help !!

Martin

Just picked this up to go with the documents, I do not think there is much hope of me actually finding his exact medal, but this one will do for now I feel !

Finally got these to add to the grouping, I feel they compliment them very well !!

Cheers for looking !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assorted Soviet Documents   Assorted Soviet Documents  

Assorted Soviet Documents   Assorted Soviet Documents  

Assorted Soviet Documents  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3