Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bravery Medal

Article about: Hi Guys, I had a naked Bravery Medal in my collection which was devoid of a ribbon and suspension device. Thanks to Richie, it is now restored to it's former glory with a new replacement rib

Bringing this old thread back up, as since 2009 things have changed in the world of research. Forum member Auke now offers a very competitive research service. To have this one researched today would cost $56. If you need the citation etc translated he can do this for a small additional fee of around $15 to $20.

I will be having this one researched now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bravery Medal
    P
    Many

Hello!!

What is the aprox date of award of your medal?

It will date from mid 1944 I think.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade. I look forward to seeing the results of the research. I have a few bravery and combat service awards that are part of groups which I would like researched however I was always put off by the 100 pound price however now Auke offers such a competitive service I may think again.

The research on this one will be here in the next few days.

Cheers, Ade.

Auke has discovered the following info for me. At present a Record Card has not been found. Thanks as ever.

Award issue record

[…]
    Grokhov, Mikhail Nikolayevich; Senior Sergeant; June 24, 1944 1275837 A-922668 Regimental Order Nr. 025 of June 24, 1944
    […]

Order

[Pencil note: Karelian Front; September 18, 1944]

Secret
    Copy nr. 1

Order nr. 025

Of the 1072nd Rifle Regiment, 313th Red Banner Rifle Division, 32nd Army, Karelian Front

June 24, 1944 – Active Red Army

On behalf of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, I award:

The Medal for Courage to:

1. Senior Sergeant Mikhail Nikolayevich Grokhov, squad leader in the 1st Rifle Company, for the fact that he, during the fighting for the city of Medvezhegorsk on June 23, 1944, crawled towards a bunker under enemy fire and threw several grenades at it.

Born in 1910; not a Party member, Russian, inducted into the Red Army in June 1941 by the Military Commissariat of the Grakhovo Raion, Udmurt Autonomous SSR. Home address: _______________.

[…]

Commander of the 1072nd Rifle Regiment
    Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Babenko/

Chief of staff
    Major [signed] /Yevstafyev/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bravery Medal   Bravery Medal  

Bravery Medal  

Auke said he his researcher in Russia would check again for the Record Card. As one could not be found, the archive wrote one up today. How novel!

I rather like this.

Record card

Duplicate of a temporary certificate stub

Form nr. 1

(To be filled out using a typewriter, without any corrections)

Date and place of issue of the award (raion, city, oblast, krai, republic):

Record card of an awardee

1. Last name: Grokhov
    2. First name and patronymic: Mikhail Nikolayevich
    3. Nationality:
    4. Sex:
    5. Year of birth: 1910
    6. Place of birth:
    7. Education: higher, unfinished higher, special secondary, secondary, elementary (underline what’s relevant):
    8. Party affiliation:
    9. Position, profession, military rank (for servicemen), and place of work or service at the time of the award (ministry, department, institution, enterprise, organization): Senior Sergeant; squad leader in a rifle company of the 1072nd Rifle Regiment, 313th Rifle Division
    10. Home address of the awardee: 63 Sovetskaya Street, village of Grakhovo, Grakhovo Raion, Udmurt Autonomous SSR

11. Awards issued:

Type of award (order, medal, highest title of distinction, honorary title) Serial number of the order, medal or badge Number of the order booklet, Hero or Mother Heroine booklet, medal or badge certificate or travel document Date and number of the award Decree
    Medal for Courage 1275837 Temporary certificate nr. A-922668 Order of the 1072nd Rifle Regiment, 313th Rifle Division nr. 025 of June 24, 1944

Signature of the awardee:

I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):

[signed]

12. Remarks:

October 21, 2013
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bravery Medal   Bravery Medal  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2