Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Campaign medal documents

Article about: Document for the Medal for Victory over Germany issued to Guards Junior Lieutenant Vladimir Yefimovich Yevtushek on February 18th, 1947 and signed by the Commander and Hero of the Soviet Uni

Thanks a lot Auke for confirming and where needed correcting me!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Campaign medal documents
    P
    Many

With the next document which I just got in I could use some help.

Document for the Victory over Germany, awarded to Technical Lieutenant Stepan Mirokovich Zaporogsky, dated April 6 1946, signed by the commander of the 34th Rifle (??) Corps General-Major Gnedin, serial O # 238601

My question is, what is mentioned inbetween the unit's name: Rifle ??? Corps?
    Another question is, and in English it is difficult to find correct information but perhaps in Russian it is easier; General-Major Gnedin: is it Pyotr Vissarionovich Gnedin perhaps?

Thanks for any help!!

Campaign medal documents

If it is indeed Pyotr Vissarionovich Gnedin than this should be the man:

Campaign medal documents

Document for the Medal Victory over Germany issued to Technical Lieutenant Stepan Mironovich Zaporozhskiy dated April 6th, 1946 by the Commander of the 34th "Konstanz" Rifle (Infantry) Corps, Major-General P. Gnedin. I believe you are correct.

Thanks a lot Bill!!

?

The 34 rifle corps had honorific name "Constanta" (Констанцский) after the name of the Romanian sea port town Constanta.

Mind that Lt. ZAPOROZHSKY served in 34 RC where he was awarded Victory medal in April 1946. Where he served during the war is more difficult to judge. I simply cannot see any men with this full name...

Thanks a lot for directing me into the direction of the port town Constanta. I already was trying to figure out what "Kontstanz" was standing for but couldn't get anywhere as of yet. With this new information I should be able to find out more again. So thanks a lot. Much appreciated!

Could it be due to lost paperwork somewhere in the archives (or wherever) that nothing more can be found about Zaporozhsky? And is it uncommon not to find a name?

?

Marcel, by far most likely explanation is that ZAPOROZHSKY was not awarded anything during the war. Hence no award records.

Ok, so that means the Victory over Germany is the only award he received, which was handed out postwar and by that time he was perhaps not even in the army anymore?

?

He was serving in 34 RC by April 1946, hence the document is issued by this unit and signed by its commander.
    He most likely didn't have any awards during WW2 (at least not ones issued by army , i.e. ministry of defence).
    He might have got something post war. For long service f.ex.

A few new documents arrived and here and there I can use some help with translations, especially with the abbrevations. Hope you guys can help.

Document for the Liberation of Warsaw, awarded to Nikolay Ivanovich Chepyrnoy, dated May 9 1946, signed by Major (....?), serial A # 047489

I can't figure out the unit but I would guess it is something like an independant arillery unit awarded the Order of Nevsky?? As said, any help in the right direction would be much appreciated!!

Campaign medal documents
    Campaign medal documents

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast