Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast

Campaign medal documents

Article about: Document for the Medal for Victory over Germany issued to Guards Junior Lieutenant Vladimir Yefimovich Yevtushek on February 18th, 1947 and signed by the Commander and Hero of the Soviet Uni

Document for the Capture of Berlin, awarded to Lieutnant Vasily Vasilyevich Beskrovny, dated January 25 1946, signed by the commander of the 816th Mortar Regiment of the 290th Rifle Division Major Nikiforov, serial A # 452904

(hope all is translated and deciphered correct?)

Campaign medal documents

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Campaign medal documents
    P
    Many

The third and for now last new document where I have difficulty translating the abbrevation and commander/s name. My guess the abbrevation stands for Guards Rifle Division with something inbetween All help will be much appreciated!!

Document for the Capture of Vienna, awarded to Guards Senior Lieutnant Trifon Trofimovich Sivachenko, dated May 10 1946, signed by the commander of the 107th (...?) Guards Colonel (...?) , serial A # 159375

Campaign medal documents

The Liberation of Warsaw Medal document is issued, if my eyes don't deceive me, by 490th Separate Anti-Aircraft Order of Aleksandr Nevsky Division and is signed by a Major Poldnyakov.

The Capture of Berlin Medal document translation is, I believe, correct.

The Capture of Vienna Medal is correct. Senior Lieutenant Sivachenko was secretary of the unit newspaper, "To Defeat", 107th Guards "May Day" Red Banner Rifle Division (107-я гвардейская "Первомайская" Краснознаменная Стрелковая Дивизия). He was awarded two Orders of the Red Star.

Thanks a lot Bill. Interesting about the Vienna medal document. I will try to find more now about this unit newspaper. Him being secretary of the newspaper, does this mean he's not part of the 'fighting' part of the division? Or is this a 'side-job' within the division?

?

That's right. All divisions, corps and armies had their own newspapers. They were an important aspect of the Red Army's wartime propaganda efforts. I believe they had a small full-time staff of editors, correspondents and a secretary. Unless the sitation was extremely dire, these men didn't do any fighting.

Thanks a lot for clearing this up Auke! Much appreciated!

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    A little follow-up on the Liberation of Warsaw document awarded to Nikolay Ivanovich Chepyrnoy, dated May 9 1946, signed by Major Poldnyakov, commander of 490th Separate Anti-Aircraft Order of Aleksandr Nevsky Division, serial A # 047489

I also managed to get his military ID document from the 60's where it says he also received the War Merit medal and the Victory over Germany medal besides the Liberation of Warsaw medal. It contains a photo of the soldier. Always great to have a face with a document and/or medal.

Campaign medal documentsCampaign medal documents

My latest arrival:

A Defence of the Caucasus medal document, awarded to Senior Lieutnant Vasily Segeevich Panasjuk (?). The document is awarded on September 20 1944 but I really need some help with the unit and the name of the commanding officer: Major ...?
    Thanks for any possible help!!

Campaign medal documents
    Campaign medal documents

?

Yes, his name is Vasily Sergeyevich Panasyuk. The signatory is Major Knizhnik, interim chief quartermaster of the Independent Coastal Army.

Thanks once again Auke!! Your help is much appreciated!

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast